The General Insurance, also known as Permanent General Companies, is a rapidly growing company and a leading non-standard auto insurance provider. Currently, we are seeking qualified applicants for Manager, Branch Claims at the corporate headquarters in Nashville, TN. We offer great training, opportunities for advancement, and an employee-friendly and challenging work environment where the right candidate will learn and grow with the company. We pride ourselves on teamwork and quality customer service. If you do too, please check us out!
The General offers a generous benefits package to its employees including medical, dental, vision and life insurance after one month of employment; health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, paid time off (vacation, sick, holidays), 401(k) participation with a matching contribution, wellness initiatives and much more!
Reporting to the AVP of Claims, the Branch Claims Manager will be primarily responsible for providing day to day direction, technical supervision and strong leadership to a staff of Casualty Claims Specialists whose primary tasks are the adjudication and settlement of auto claims involving bodily injury. This position will direct work assignments, manage work schedules and review work-in-progress. Will handle all personnel actions including hiring, performance reviews, salary recommendations and the coordination of training and development. Will manage quality assurance and serve as a technical resource to staff and others in the organization as well as review more complex cases and settle or initiate further action within approved authority limits. Will also be responsible for managing a branch claims office to ensure productivity, loss ratio, quality handling and budget goals are achieved. Essential responsibilities will include:
- Managing the direction of the Claims team to ensure consistent delivery of services that meet or exceed customer expectation and compliance with regulatory and company standards.
- Maintaining awareness of existing and proposed legislation, court decisions and emerging trends in claims litigation.
- Monitoring the company’s compliance; recommending process and procedure changes as appropriate.
- Providing direction to claims supervisors and staff on all aspects of claims handling, including those related to coverage and those that have been escalated through the team.
- Reviewing, evaluating and maintaining the file-handling process to meet company and statutory guidelines.
- Participating in corporate claims initiatives including quality file handling, process improvement, training and development of staff.
- Setting goals and objectives for staff; providing quarterly and annual appraisals, regular communications and ensuring compliance with company policy and procedure.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Requires a minimum of seven years of property and casualty claims experience including a high functioning knowledge of Bodily Injury claim handling, medical terminology and policy coverage.
- A minimum of three years of Management or Supervisory experience is required
- Must have the ability to demonstrate professional oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated people management skills are essential, including interviewing, training, team building and performance management, decision making and problem solving skills.
- An in-depth knowledge of operating protocols in the region being serviced.
- Strong organization and analytic skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Windows, Excel).