The Business Application Manager will ensure successful implementation of designated application projects and will foster and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers. The incumbent provides broad functional and technical expertise within multiple business areas, in the analysis, design, development and implementation of business processes and applications with limited supervision. The incumbent will be responsible for supervising and developing a team of Business Analysts increasing their knowledge of the American Tower Corporation business, managing the custom development of our application systems and production support processes. The incumbent will also assist internal customers in new product reviews, tests and pilots and identify ways to streamline processes and improve the quality of customer service in addition to developing, delivering and maintaining application training modules where applicable
- Provide day to day troubleshooting of complex user and application problems that cannot be independently resolved by Business Analysts.
- Provide strategic, forward-looking vision when designing solutions to maintain flexibility, good exception management and future integration opportunities.
- Provide consulting support on cross-organizational processes and systems issues and the review, acquisition, and implementation of new products available in the marketplace.
- Review business requirements for multifunctional projects offering solutions to business needs and identify operational inefficiencies, conflicting business practices and integration issues by suggesting alternative solutions.
- Provide continuous feedback to business partners regarding the priorities and status of work being performed within specified areas of the IT organization.
- Manage large, complex projects from start to finish, complying with our internal PIP (Process Improvement Project) lifecycle process. Supervise Analysts, Developers, and others assigned to the initiatives. Identify any issues with timelines or completion of projects ahead of time and work through with internal customers.
- Coordinate all outstanding work in the production ticket system as well as small project requests Ensure, through the development and execution of testing plans, that production issues are minimal after implementation of new enhancements, changes or upgrades.
- Document system functions and processes for the IT group and selected items for our internal customers.
- May perform or support the following additional functions (as appropriate to your specific role or as directed by your manager):
- Manage and guide the testing of business applications using appropriate methodologies and tools to improve quality, flexibility, and efficiency.
- Manage documentation library and work with business analysts to fill documentation gaps.
- Develop, deliver and maintain application training courses as applicable in support of company-wide training needs and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervise and manage the performance of Business Applications Analysts
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to help others understand new business requirements and processes
- Strong supervisory skills
- Ability to inspire and motivate others to accomplish common goals
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills
- Attention to detail, and ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to inspire a team, work independently as well as with others
- Comprehensive testing skills
- Proficiency in project management techniques and process
- Broad conceptual knowledge of information technologies and methodologies, particularly with several different application systems
- Understanding of relational databases and query tools
- Strong working knowledge of application systems such as Oracle, OASIS and Salesforce.com.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite, Visio, and Microsoft Project
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Information Systems
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in business application design, implementation, modification or support in an online environment
- Minimum 7 years of business experience required
- 2 years supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency in several applications (Oracle and/or non-Oracle)
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.
Approximately 0-10% travel will be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
American Tower (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process can contact us at (617) 587-7911 for assistance.
American Tower - 23 months ago
American Tower, an S&P 500 and a Forbes Global 2000 company, is a leading independent owner, operator and developer of wireless...