The Manager, Business Development & Operations will grow and develop the NBA Development League’s revenues, fan base, and consumption metrics via development and execution of strategic sales, marketing, and content distribution initiatives. The position requires a unique mix of sponsorship sales acumen, creativity, analytical skills, marketing expertise, basketball passion, and operational ability in an entrepreneurial environment. This person will work collaboratively with not only the NBA D-League’s business development department, basketball operations department, teams, external partners and prospects; but all sales and marketing functions at the NBA including Global Marketing Partnerships, Marketing, Broadcasting, Interactive Services, Team Marketing & Business Operations, Communications, Global Merchandising, Events & Attractions, Community Relations and International.
• Collaboratively develop new and non-traditional sales and marketing platforms utilizing customer and market research, consumption data, and best practices. Will actively participate in research, ideation, development of strategic plans and P&Ls, production of sales and marketing materials, sales process, and implementation.
• Lead the daily process of sponsorship sales support along the NBA’s Global Marketing Partnerships group, with an emphasis on the creation and delivery of sales assets, presentations, and proposals for targeted lead sources
• Execute day-to-day sponsorship activation along with Global Marketing Partnerships team
• Manage all league sales and marketing reporting
• Manage and help create daily content storylines and distribution of short form digital content consistent with our brand positioning and customer research, working collaboratively with basketball operations, marketing, communications, and business development
• Strategic placement and management of digital and broadcast content with critical third party relationships (including all 30 NBA teams)
• Work collaboratively in the planning, coordination, and activation of League Events (All-Star, Showcase, Pre-Draft, Fantasy Camps, etc.)
• Well-rounded understanding of the intersection of customer research, marketing, sponsorship sales and activation
• Data-driven approach and analytical skillset
• Current on all industry trends in sponsorship development
• Strong knowledge of the NBA Development League and its positioning
• Excellent relationship builder
• Self-motivated and able to work independently – a self-starter with initiative
• Outstanding communication, writing, and presentation skills
• 5-7 years of experience in business development, sales, marketing or other related field
• Experience in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, collaborative business environment
• Extensive work in Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, and other MS Office applications and analytical tools
Educational Background Required
• Bachelor’s degree
The NBA is a global sports and media business built around three professional sports leagues: the National Basketball Association, the...