Manager, Business Development-13000783
As one of the world’s most widely recognized and respected brands, American Express is moving faster than ever to provide innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions for individuals and businesses of all sizes. Our focus is to introduce new products and services to make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services.
The Manager of Business Development will be a part of the U.S. Merchant Acquisition Team within Global Merchant Services. Global Merchant Services, the merchant network of American Express, acquires and maintains relationships with millions of merchants around the world who welcome American Express-branded cards. Merchant Acquisition, one of the fastest growing market segments in the industry, is the sales organization within Global Merchant Services dedicated to acquiring new merchant partners.
The Manager of Business Development is responsible for identifying new, high-value merchant prospects in a specified charge volume range in that individual’s marketplace and ultimately signing these prospects to openly welcome American Express cards as a form of payment in their business. As part of the sales process, the Manager of Business Development will provide additional value-based products and business solutions to merchants as well as coordinate all necessary internal resources to facilitate each signing and ensure proper account set-up (e.g. card acceptance procedures, activation & reconciliation).
The successful Manager of Business Development should demonstrate effective pipeline management skills as well as effective prospecting and cold calling skills to identify, filter and qualify leads. The Manager of Business Development should demonstrate professionalism and possess strong research, analytical, organizational, decision-making and negotiation skills. The successful Manager of Business Development will also implement effective sales strategies and utilize his/her in-depth knowledge of American Express, the industry, and his/her merchant prospects to provide solutions that exceed prospects’ business needs and add value to the prospects’ business. Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and influencing skills, strong financial and business acumen, as well as the ability to prepare and present formal presentations are a must.
American Express will not sponsor a work visa for this position. Candidates who require sponsorship to work in the United States will not be considered
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years outside sales experience with a proven history of consistent over achievement
- Applicant must have valid U.S. Driver's license and must be able to work from a home office environment
- Applicant must reside within the territory
- Some overnight travel required
- Proficiency with PC applications is necessary (i.e. MS Office, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Salesforce.com)
- Effective pipeline management and prospecting skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Experience with selling to C-levels
- Working knowledge of related American Express products and services a plus
- Must demonstrate a strong will to win
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Experience with working in a virtual environment a plus
- Experience with strategic/consultative selling approaches
A motor vehicle records check will be conducted for all successful candidates at the time of offer. Disclosure of all moving violations within the last 3 years (Including, but not limited to: Speeding Tickets, Refusal to submit to BAC (Blood Alcohol Content), Reckless Driving, Leaving scene of accident, and Drivers License suspension for moving violations) is required during the application process
Primary Location: US-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...