We have an exciting opportunity available for a Manager on our Business Development Team. The department participates in corporate strategy development and negotiation strategies and this position is primarily responsible for supporting senior management in such activities as screening products, companies, and therapeutic areas to support development, licensing and/or M&A activities, coordinating due diligence of licensing opportunities, product/market financial modeling, developing and coordinating market research, preparing in-and out-licensing packages, negotiation support, contract review, and internal cross functional communication. Strong analytical, communication, project management and project leadership skills, as well as the ability to execute plans/projects on rigid timetables, are essential. A thorough understanding of financial evaluation techniques (especially forecasting, pro-forma product P&L modeling, cost analysis and probability adjusted NPV’s) is important. Experience with qualitative and quantitative market research techniques is strongly preferred. A broad business understanding (particularly of the pharmaceutical/biotech industry) and the ability to coordinate cross-functionally is essential.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Masters of Business Administration or graduate degree in life sciences preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience working for a pharmaceutical/biotech company in business development, licensing, or strategic analysis capacities or experience working for a consulting firm or investment bank focused on the pharmaceutical/biotech markets with additional pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience.
Critical to this position is the experience in performing in-depth analyses of products, therapeutic areas and companies to support development, licensing, and M&A activities. The ability to make professional and credible first impressions with internal and external customers and write/present clear, succinct and convincing presentations at varying levels of detail depending on the project scope and audience is important to this position.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform complex financial calculations such as product forecasting, pro-forma product P&L modeling (including sensitivity analyses), probability adjusted net present value, internal rate of return, etc.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply principles of logic or scientific thinking to a wide range of complex intellectual and practical problems. Ability to understand scientific concepts and to analyze unrelated and sometimes incomplete data to make significant judgments about external and internal business issues and concepts.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Personal Attributes Needed:
- Ability to use software for spreadsheet analysis, word processing, electronic mail and presentations graphics are essential.
- Experience using databases such as IMS, Encuity SDI, Adis, etc. is strongly preferred.
- The ability to influence others in a tactful and well thought-out manner with supporting information and logic.
- Comfort interacting with the highest levels of senior management both within Alkermes and at other organizations.
Alkermes, Inc. - 17 months ago