The Manager, Business Development is responsible for pursuing and securing new business opportunities within existing and new market segments.
The incumbent will work in conjunction and proactively team with area sales personnel to sell American Tower's ("ATC") portfolio of product and service offerings, which will require understanding and staying current on the wireless industry, segment trends, customer business and operational needs and priorities.
The incumbent will execute against a detailed segment plan that identifies market opportunities and repeatable value propositions for the market.
The Manager, Business Development will draw upon the resources and support of marketing to develop programs and campaigns that generate qualified leads and strong interest in ATC’s offer.
The incumbent will be tasked with driving the segment new business pipeline, closing new business transactions, tracking results and developing new ideas to strengthen ATC’s position.
This position will have a strong focus on federal, state and local government markets. The incumbent is expected to a subject matter expert in selling to government clients, with knowledge of federal, state and local procurement procedures and knowledge of major initiatives in government wireless communications.
Preferably based in Woburn – may be based in Washington DC area in home office
- Meet or exceed key financial goals (e.g., lease up, commenced new business, invested capital, etc.) for designated segments, with a focus on the Government segment
- Assist in defining the strategic plan for future opportunities within assigned emerging market segments; implement segment strategy
- Uncover profitable new business opportunities within the designated markets using:
- consultative dialogue with customers to understand their business objectives
- thorough understanding of ATC offerings and value propositions
- understanding of market drivers
- Strong teaming with all customer stakeholders, including Territory Managers, Area Vice Presidents and marketing
- Grow existing customer relationships
- Develop and maintain internal relationships with all key functional areas of the company; utilize internal relationships to gather input and knowledge in developing creative solutions that drive business results
- Carry-out the internal sales process to obtain approvals, reviews, and support for deals
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the customers' decision making processes
- Develop partnerships with other companies to further success
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Successful sales track record with a proven record of closing large/complex sales
- Proven planning and account management skills
- Strategic and consultative mindset
- Thorough knowledge of customer decision making processes
- Ability to negotiate complex agreements and develop creative solutions
- Strong relationship-development skills resulting in long term, mutually beneficial client relationships.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify quality solutions.
- Strong organization, planning and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet requirements and deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to drive and motivate team to achieve results.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume environment
- Ability to drive work independently toward the successful attainment of department goals and project completion dates, and as part of a team to leverage input and knowledge base of others to provide well rounded and thoughtful information and solutions
- Ability to identify key contacts for follow up; excellent ability to communicate project and status updates to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding.
- Good strategic and problem solving skills to effectively influence decision making in key negotiations.
Approximately 100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.
Approximately 50% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
- College degree required
- MBA degree preferred
- Specific knowledge is sought in government wireless communications (major initiatives in public safety, border security, etc.), government contracting (procedures, budget, contract vehicles, procurement), partners (systems integrators, vendors, co-marketing/co-selling partners), and multiple levels of government (federal, state and local).
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in sales or business development (within the federal, state and/or local government markets)
- Telecom industry experience preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry.
Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with business needs.
More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
The incumbent must be flexible as there may be workweeks that require more than 40 hours to ensure the positions expectations and responsibilities are met.
American Tower Corporation is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
American Tower - 16 months ago
American Tower, an S&P 500 and a Forbes Global 2000 company, is a leading independent owner, operator and developer of wireless...