Business Systems Manager
Graphic Packaging International, Inc. (NYSE: GPK), is a premier paperboard packaging company serving the food, beverage and consumer product markets. We also are a leading producer of labels, bags and specialty packaging. Our packaging is used everyday by many of the world’s best-known brands and our growing markets include microwave packaging, heat-transfer labels and sustainable packaging.
We believe that our vision -- to provide packaging solutions that improve the world in which we live -- can be achieved by delivering true value to our customers, building a high performance culture for our employees, creating superior returns for our shareholders, and by being an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities in which we operate.
Headquartered near Atlanta, Georgia, in the U.S., Graphic Packaging has over 15,000 employees working in more than 60 locations in North and South America, Europe and Asia. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make our company successful. We invite you to review the following employment opportunity and to learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
We offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry. With competitive base salaries, 401(k) plans and benefit offerings, we strive to reward talented people who make our company successful.
Working to support GPI strategic and operational business objectives, this position exists to execute the EIM strategy and manage the efforts of the EIM-FI/CO team. The Business Systems Manager will work directly with business unit executives and managers to convert business objectives into actionable plans and projects. The manager will also have direct responsibility to ensure the company’s information and processes are functioning appropriately to support business unit operations. In addition the manager will work with the Corporate IT PMO office, EIM Director and CIO to promote leveraging of all assets and processes to support GPI business objectives.
- Consult closely with the various business unit finance and accounting management teams to support business plans and objectives through the identification, evaluation and prioritization of opportunities to leverage the Company’s IT investment. The position will also work with the various business units to improve processes through improved utilization of information management. With the EIM Director, CIO and the IT PMO office, work to develop and manage a strategic plan to utilize and develop actionable information in support of BU financial objectives and strategies.
- Establish and manage the various GPI finance and controlling project, employee and support functions and to ensure effective and efficient procedures and programs are in place according to the Corporate IT policies and strategies. For this purpose the position holder initiates, guides, organizes, plans and coordinates all activities at GPI in the finance and controlling information management area, including decisions regarding resource management and allocation, project planning and control, quality assurance, employee management, employee development and personnel issues.
- In coordination with the finance and accounting business unit leaders and the IT PMO office, prepare, gain acceptance, and control plans and programs which will achieve IT and business short- and long-term objectives. Promote all IT policies and plans in concert with GPI BU opportunities and objectives.
- Initiate, lead and participate in projects on a corporate level which are aimed at internal IT development and improvement.
- Regularly prepare management reports and participate in Steering Committee meetings as required.
- Compile & manage the annual LRP and OPEX budgets for this team.
- Management of the Corporate IT FI/CO team, including goal setting and performance reviews.
- Expert knowledge with at least 10 years experience in project management and business process management. Experience in information technology related field is a plus.
- 5 or more years experience with Enterprise-class applications. Extensive experience as a business unit finance or accounting manager may also be considered. Experience with design, configuration and support of SAP implementations in the finance and controlling module is required.
- Substantial knowledge of finance and accounting business functions, processes and supporting technology in an industrial company. Specific business experience with finance and accounting functions is preferred
- Position holder is experienced in the area of information and data management, finance, controlling, accounting, and business/process improvement. The Business Systems Manager must have excellent communication abilities and is experienced in project management and leading teams.
- Requires a thorough understand of cross functional business processes such as order to cash or procure to pay.
- BS / BA degree from an accredited University in a quantitative or analytical field
- Demonstrated ability to work with business executives to develop, successfully implement and support business solutions that meet business unit requirements and support overall business executives
- Demonstrated understanding of GPI (or similar) business model including a solid general understanding of finance, controlling, and accounting processes, strategies and objectives.
- Demonstrated understanding of GPI’s (or similar) technology including a basic understanding of the infrastructure and expert understanding of the software used to run the business processes at GPI.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex business initiatives staffed with internal IT, contract and business unit resources. Has experience in both the technical and organizational change management components of projects. Understands and promotes standardized project methodologies, practices and standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Understands how to communicate in various circumstances and with varied audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to manage direct-report employees including skills development, career development and performance management.
- Up to 20% travel including international
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Graphic Packaging - 18 months ago
Ever toted a 12-pack home? If so, you can appreciate Graphic Packaging Holding Company's (GPHC) work. Operating subsidiary Graphic...