SUMMARY OF POSITION
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Manager, Business Unit for the EFS- Business Unit Gl & R2R Accounting department. Responsible for day-to-day execution of general accounting activities, record-to-report processes and operating activities with BPO provider for designated international territories. Duties to include general ledger stewardship, month end closing and reporting, consolidation of actual results and preparation and review of all financial statements, by title reporting for publishing, footnotes and disclosures. Duties also include reconciliation ownership of the respective subsidiary sales and distribution systems and feeds to/from SAP and working with the BPO provider, territory finance and FRB in support of the closing process.
- Responsible for all month end close activities and coordination with BPO team including: trial balance review, journal entry adjustments, sales analysis and ensuring proper posting of revenue, financial statements and supplemental schedules, aging analysis, review of bad debt and return reserves, accrual schedules, balance sheet account reconciliations, slow moving inventory analysis/reserves and inventory reconciliations. Responsible for establishing and ensuring timeliness of overall monthly close activities, accuracy of close processes and management of BPO activities. Manage dates in close calendar. Ensure Sox controls are implemented and adhered to. Manage the monthly/quarterly close deliverables to FRB including Business Unit by-title submissions, “cause of change” support, footnotes, supplemental schedules and electronic financial package delivery.
- Responsible for oversight of day to day general ledger and ensuring respective subsidiary sales and distribution systems are in sync with SAP. Duties include performing and overseeing the following; regular GL account reviews, cash clearing, inter-company reconciliations, overhead allocations and SAP Projects monitoring/settlement. Prepare/review reports and analysis of sales, cost of goods sold, inventory, production costs, A/R, reserves, tax, etc. Act as liaison for the Enterprise Financial Services (“EFS”) in connection with the business unit FP&A and financial operations organizations, retained business unit departments (sales, marketing, business affairs, etc.) and various impacted Corporate departments (FRB, Tax, MIS, Treasury, Legal, Participations).
- Responsible for day-to-day activities related to By Title revenue, cost of revenue, receivables and inventory data. Manage all aspects of the relationship between EFS and retained territory finance organizations. Prepare supporting schedules as requested by Tax department related to sales data.
- Develop staff into mature financial advisors with a customer service orientation toward the dependent BPO, Corporate and Business Unit groups with whom there is regular interaction. Work with supervisor to set priorities for the department and be able to help in all problem resolution matters. Make recommendations on process improvements and standardization to gain greater efficiency and effectiveness within the finance organization.
- Other special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Accounting required.
- CPA required / MBA preferred.
- Approximately 6-8 years previous work experience in an accounting environment required.
- Public and private accounting experience required.
- Financial closing, consolidations, reporting and planning.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles.
- Must have experience with ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle and/or Microsoft Dynamics.
- PC Skills: Knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel or Access required.
- Must have proven management experience and effective management skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person, via email or other digital format and on the telephone.
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
- Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Domestic & international travel required as needed.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group - 18 months ago