Responsible for leading the Financial Planning and Analysis for the Central and the Global Family Business regions. In addition, responsible to lead value-added financial analysis projects for these regions and for the Personal Financial Services (PFS) business unit, drawing conclusions and making recommendations to Senior Management. Participation in various complex ad hoc requests to be determined by senior management. Position will have managerial responsibilities. |
Broad financial, strategic and accounting knowledge. Requires strong presentation and oral and written communication skills. Must Possesses the ability to work effectively and build relationships across a matrix structure with a diverse management team. Highly flexible and adaptable to change.
1. Solid analytics and problems solving skills: Ability to understand complex problems and make well supported recommendations.
2. 100% accuracy and error-free mentality.
3. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: Ability to communicate with senior leaders effectively, both verbally and written.
4. Be highly organized: Must possess excellent planning and time management skills.
5. Be comfortable on his/her feet.
1. Leading the Financial Planning and Analysis of the Central and Global Family Office regions:
• Managing the process to build the annual Operating Plan.
• Developing the forecast for balance of year results incorporating risks and opportunities.
• Supporting the preparation of the PFS 5-year Strategic Plan.
2. Assisting in the analysis of strategic, value-added projects for the Central and GFO regions focusing on revenue enhancing initiatives and/or expense optimization (e.g., Driving Performance Initiatives).
3. Leading the executive communication of Central and GFO results including:
o Monthly metrics deck.
o Operating Plan.
o Quarterly earnings write-up for Investor Relations.
o Client service model performance trackers.
4. Analyzing actual results and summarizing performance various constituents:
• Understanding drivers of performance.
• Ensuring correct accounting of revenue and expenses.
5. Overseeing the financial analysis and modeling for the investment in technology capital, brick and mortar investments and merger and acquisition related projects.
6. Oversee the client and product profitability continued roll-out throughout PFS. Focus on implementing the GFO client profitability dashboard.
• A minimum of ten years of professional experience including a Financial Planning & analysis role and a role at a strategic consulting firm.
• Masters in Business Administration is preferable or the equivalent work experience. CPA is a plus.
Northern Trust Corp. - 19 months ago
Northern Trust (Nasdaq: NTRS) is a global leader in delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary...