This position is responsible for the development and oversight of the commercial/industrial (C/I) implementation programs of the Massachusetts based Energy Efficiency Organization. This position manages the engineering-based technical support to customers, account executives/representatives and internal departments with the goal of increasing overall energy sales and customer satisfaction. The incumbent is responsible for management and oversight the C/I efficiency portfolio including progress to goals, measure mix, costs achievement of corporate financial goals. Develops programs to implement and maintain industry alliances with trade organizations, manufacturers, architects and engineers in an effort to foster the use of emerging technologies and high efficiency equipment within the Company’s service territory. Works closely with peers in evaluation, regulatory, marketing and sales.
- Oversees the effective delivery and administration of all energy efficiency programs offered to NSTAR and WMECo commercial/industrial customers.
- Provides engineering-based technical support for all value-added services and energy use programs to external and internal customers.
- Implements programs supporting strategies to enter high-potential markets with new product lines that provide consumer-focused solutions, meet customer requirements and achieve energy efficiency market transformation goals.
- Establishes performance requirements, quality specifications, brand positioning, commercialization, pricing and sustainability strategies for new products.
- Establishes consumer research objectives and initiates research studies to identify unmet consumer needs, preferences and concept validation.
- Increases awareness and participation in high value C/I initiatives.
- Manages the C&I Implementation Program budgeting, implementation and administration processes.
- Represents the Company with outside stakeholders.
- Ensures efficient and effective coordination of energy efficiency issues between the Company and its regulatory representatives.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Requires an understanding of the regulatory process and environment, including the regulatory filing process. Also requires knowledge of residential and commercial/industrial building systems and industrial processes, marketing principles and market research techniques. Requires writing and presentation skills.
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, related discipline or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of ten (10) years in managing complex projects of a technical (commercial/industrial) nature.
Northeast Utilities is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, sex, color, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor