Join the Industry Pioneer
Launch an exciting career at Southern Air, the premier global air cargo service provider! We operate a fleet of B747-400BDSF’s and are the only ACMI operator of B777F’s, providing a wide range of air cargo services for the World’s Flag Carriers, Charter Brokers, Shippers and Governments.
Great talent is the key to our success, and we strive to create an environment where employees are enabled to contribute to their full potential by leveraging their unique experiences, perspective, and viewpoints. We take pride in delivering exceptional service to our customers, and providing our employees the ultimate career opportunity… being part of a multi-cultural, global community which is shaping the future of our organization and touches the lives of people all over the world.
Manages plans and leads the regulatory related functions for technical operations functions which include working directly with other people and departments such as Maintenance Training, Quality Control (CASS and IAP), Reliability, Technical Records, Maintenance, Maintenance Control, Planning, Records, the FAA and other government agencies for Continuous Improvement. Provide guidance and resources to various organizations within Southern Air Inc. that required the collaborative efforts and direction of this position to succeed.
The Manager of Continuous Analysis and Surveillance (CASS) has overall responsibility and authority for :
1. Assists with the development of the aviation maintenance, quality, and engineering standards and operational framework by helping adopt policies and procedures for the assigned operational and/or functional area(s).
2. Collaborates and interacts with managers and/or executives, and others internal or external to the Company to secure resources for the maintenance and quality operations team, functional and/or operations area(s) that will ensure regulatory compliance is met.
3. Assist with the planned maintenance operations goals and activities through research, evaluation, review, and assessment of future needs; makes recommendations and implements necessary improvements and modifications to ensure safe, functional, regulatory compliant and well maintained maintenance stations and facilities.
4. Attend meetings to present plans, projects, programs and activities and to discuss and/or coordinate matters involving mutual efforts with other operational teams such as maintenance, operations control and airports to ensure regulatory compliance is met.
5. Through subordinate managers and supervisors, gathers and maintains quality metrix data points; prepares a variety of reports and correspondence; reviews data and reports prepared by staff relating to technical, airport operations activities and compliance with company and/or federal rules and regulations.
6. Drives staff development initiatives to instill shared values and enhance core competencies across functions, operation and/or the organization; initiates and implements programs to develop, build upon and encourage performance strengths of other managers, supervisor, and staff.
7. Ensure all personnel required to meet regulatory standards have been trained and are effective by conducting on location visits and work sharing.
8. Through other managers and supervisors, audits, and surveillance to ensure both internal and contract maintenance providers perform maintenance with a high level of safety, quality and compliance.
9. As it pertains to the quality team, assist in developing and recommending cost associated to the annual budget review by reviewing past expenditures, analyzes and projects future regulatory requirement needs
10. Serves and/or assist the DQC and DOM as contact point for the FAA as it pertains to Technical Operations. The Manager of Continuous Analysis and Surveillance (CASS) is also responsible for maintaining a positive and proactive relationship with each of the FAA Southern Air assigned principle inspectors.
1. Must have current knowledge of the Federal Aviation Regulations and other Federal, State and local regulations as it pertains to commercial aircraft maintenance and operations.
2. Must have current knowledge of airport, shop and hangar maintenance practices sufficient to be able to perform site evaluations, audits and surveillance of commercial aircraft maintenance operations.
3. Must have knowledge of preventative maintenance best practices and procedures sufficient to be able to develop and maintain process improvement programs.
4. Knowledge of the proper operation and maintenance of equipment and tooling used in commercial aircraft maintenance activities.
5. Knowledge of computer systems and ability to utilize related software to include computerized maintenance management programs and analysis.
Professional Experience Required:
1. 10-15 years commercial aircraft maintenance experience
2. 5 years or more of commercial aviation quality and inspection leadership
3. Experienced and current on FAA certification of parts and materials
4. 5 years or more of hands on or leadership of maintenance and/or inspection experience with large transport aircraft
NO RELO OFFERED.
Southern Air is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V
Southern Air - 15 months ago
- 2 days ago