Verinata Health, now part of Illumina, Inc, is driven by a sole and extraordinary purpose – maternal and fetal health. Through its proprietary technologies, Verinata offers non-invasive tests for early determination of fetal chromosomal abnormalities. The company’s mission recognizes and supports the national guidelines recommending first trimester aneuploidy risk assessment and aims to reduce the anxiety associated with today’s multi-step prenatal screening process. Verinata Health believes that all women who desire such a risk assessment should be offered a single blood draw test with a definitive result. Verinata’s first product is a non-invasive, early prenatal diagnostic test capable of determining fetal chromosomal abnormalities including trisomy 21 (T21), which is associated with Down syndrome.
We are seeking a Manager, Clinical Lab Operations who is responsible for the technical and scientific oversight of the clinical laboratory. This a hands on Technical Manager role.
- Financial accountability for the Clinical Laboratory.
- Interacts with laboratory personnel and cross-functional teams on a regular basis to listen, inform, persuade, instruct, direct and coach.
- Manager, Laboratory Operations works on highly complex and abstract problems.
- Manager, Laboratory Operations may directly supervise laboratory staff.
- Current California CLS license highly preferred but not required
- Molecular Biology or Biochemist or “related life sciences” degree is required
- 5-7 years experience in a clinical laboratory setting; preferably with experience in a high complex molecular testing environment
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience in a clinical laboratory
- CAP certification and NY experience preferred
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- 19 months ago - save job
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...