The Manager of Cable Finance and Scheduling Solutions is an integral member of the newly formed Cable Entertainment Solutions team which manages the technology portfolio supporting NBCUniversal’s Cable Entertainment Group consisting of USA, Syfy, Bravo, Oxygen, E!, Esquire, among others.
Reporting to the Director of Cable Entertainment Solutions, this leader will manage the products, systems, and services supporting the Cable Scheduling, Finance, Business Affairs, and Legal teams across all brands and networks within the Cable Entertainment Group. Interested applicants will have a strong background in software development coupled with a personable client-facing leadership style.
Specific responsibilities include –
• Leading the strategic technology portfolio supporting various functions across the Cable Scheduling, Finance, Business Affairs, and Legal teams;
• Supporting a business-critical client/server product which facilitates the process of managing contract and title inventory, developing schedules, projecting usage, and assessing financial impact (amortization, liability, long range plans) for various types of programming content;
• Managing a team of two employees plus a team of contractors to conceptualize and lead a strategic vision to implementation;
• Overseeing the performance, health, and budget for projects, minor enhancements, and keep-the-lights-on support;
• Providing status reports of active projects and initiatives to various leaders and stakeholders;
• Identifying and implementing process improvements;
• Continuing to evolve project management tools within the team;
• Supporting and troubleshooting issues (process & system), identifying root cause, and proactively implementing sustainable corrective actions;
• Identifying new opportunities, tools, and services to solve business challenges;
• Managing the annual SOX controllership process;
• Occasional off-hours support may be necessary to address outages or pressing system issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience. Finance minor/focus is a plus;
• 4+ years of software development experience, preferably with .NET platform;
• 1+ years of project management experience with delivery accountability;
• 1+ years of experience of interacting with all levels of management and stakeholders; must be able to articulate technical concepts and solutions to both a deeply technical and non-technical audiences;
• Excellent interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively with customers in high-pressure situations;
• Self-starter that demonstrates initiative and ability to work with little supervision.
• Experience in US Media & Entertainment environment;
• Experience with MicroStrategy, data warehousing, and business intelligence;
• Exceptional technical, analytical, organization, research, and presentation skills;
• Experience working in an Agile environment; knowledge of SCRUM framework a plus;
• Strong analytical and process-oriented approach; Ability to apply structure to complex problems;
• Strong team-building, vendor, and customer relations skills;
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and communicate effectively with all stakeholders;
• Ability to build and present Powerpoint presentations to effectively communicate a message in a concise and clear manner;
• Experience with sales, traffic, and other TV systems.
NBC Universal - 7 months ago
Emerging Health Information Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary of Montefiore Medical Center. Emerging Health IT, a healthcare IT...