Meet Virgin America:
Virgin America is a brand new airline dedicated to making flying good again. VA incorporates the Virgin Brand’s world-renowned customer focus and distinctive style, to create a high-value, low-fare airline that offers more: more fun, more options, more comfort, more entertainment and more value.
Are you Virgin enough? Virgin America loves team members with the thirst and creativity to make this the most wowed airline in the sky. In return, we promise to make this a company where inspired people like you will always thrive.
Main Purpose of Role
· Responsible for sourcing, negotiating, purchasing and managing the supply chain for products which make up the $30M catering budget.
· Partner with the In-flight organization to source new and innovative food, beverage, supply and equipment products.
· Negotiate the best value proposition (price and quality) for airline purchased and nominated items.
· Execute contracts for these catering items to insure quality levels are maintained and service levels are achieved.
· Develop, select and contract for various distribution solutions, utilizing the best methodology for each product .
· Expedite deliveries as required to insure our guests have the products and services they have been promised Essentials.
· Prior experience in airline food, beverage, supply and equipment procurement
· Knowledge of a wide range of commodities such as:
· Food-beef, pork, poultry, fish, produce, dairy, snacks o Beverages-liquor, beer, wine, soft drinks, juices, specialty o Plastics-PET, polystyrene, polycarbonate o Paper Products o Dinnerware-chinaware, flatware, glassware o Galley Equipment-Class I and Class II
· Expertise in Supply Chain Management
· Knowledge of legal contracts and business law
· Good financial skills
· Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities
· Self starter/self directed with the ability to work autonomously
· Keen understanding of and fit with the Virgin brand and culture
· Ability to participate in cross departmental teams
· Ability to perform assigned task while working with suppliers across the globe
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to maintain focus while working under tight deadlines
· Ability to identify and articulate non standard solutions to company requirements
· Willingness to work hard and have fun Education
· College degree preferred
An offspring of Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group, Virgin America took flight just as high fuel prices and a recession rocked the...