Security Technology Group (STG) within Cisco is seeking a Manager for its next generation security management platform. The management platform includes an integrated, multi-device, web-based solution focused on configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting, event management, visibility, and reports for majority of the security appliances developed at Cisco (Traditional firewall, context aware firewall, IPS, VPN, etc..). Special emphasis is placed on usability and ensuring that the product is intuitive, interactive and aesthetically pleasing. Team will take a fast-paced, iterative approach to development using the Agile process. This is a great opportunity to work on early releases of a brand new product which is poised to be a game changer for Cisco in the next generation firewall space.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Drive projects from requirements to release in collaboration with a cross functional team including platform teams, QA, usability team, manufacturing and product marketing.
• Collaborate and work with your peers spread across multiple geographic sites embracing the fundamentals of true global development and virtual teams.
• Handle multiple releases simultaneously across the spectrum of the product lifecycle, where some projects might be in requirements definition, others in development, and some in the maintenance phase.
• Find, hire, mentor, and retain talented team members
• Motivate and manage a team of development engineers, covering everything from regular one on ones to career development.
• Recommend process improvements to increase efficiency and impact of your team.
• Work with Engineering and product management to plan the product roadmap with insight into projects that will require additional design resources and testing. Incorporate customer and internal team feedback and research into product roadmaps.
• Proven skills in leading, developing and releasing complex software on a wide range of platforms with varying architectures and capabilities. Working in an agile model of development will be a plus.
• Experience managing dependencies between different products and coordinating across multiple cross-functional groups spread across geographic sites.
• Track record of delivering quality software as measured by a minimal rate of customer found defects.
• Previous success as a manager of a development engineering team. At least 3 years’ experience as a manager.
• Experience in recruiting and building a strong team.
Typically requires an MS in Computer Science or a related area with 6-9 years of related experience.
• Accountability: The ideal candidate is a results-oriented team player who takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of customer and product initiatives. They demonstrate personal accountability for their own performance and that of their team,
• Creative Thinker: Able to look at existing products and new requirements and consider how to create products that solve complex problems in a manner that surprises and delights the user.
• Indomitable work ethic: The successful candidate will reject setbacks and will enthusiastically persist until ambitious goals are achieved. He or she will be resourceful and innovative at tackling complex technical challenges in a sustainable, proactive fashion.
• Leads by example and inspires the team to do their very best. Cares for the career paths and professional growth of direct reports.
• Empowers Team: When leading a group of senior engineers, it’s critical to create a sense of ownership and accountability in the team, and then let them loose to meet their goals.
• Passionate commitment to the customer and to product quality. Champions the product and the customer's needs and implements a model of continuous improvement in both company goals and project-related tasks.
• Demonstrates an ability to maintain a cool head under pressurized situations. Always accepts that "The Customer Comes First."
• Sense of urgency. Escalates product issues when appropriate; maintains a sense of "problem ownership" to see all issues through to successful resolution. Strives to turn around issues with an efficient and effective approach to the end customer's satisfaction
• Openness. Keeps others informed and up-to-date on his or her priorities, current tasks and work completed. Encourages constructive criticism of their own performance and that of their team. Flexibility and adaptability. Should be able to switch gears in various high-stress situations and apply him or herself to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies
• Efficient and creative. Should be able to think outside the box to find efficient solutions to problems.
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...