The Manager, Clinical Support is responsible for the coordination, integration, maintenance, and advancement of excelleRx’s clinical support services to both internal team members and our clients. The Manager, Clinical Support is tasked with developing and maintaining clinical support materials for publication and distribution both internally and externally utilizing standard drug information resources as well as corporate information repositories. Additionally, this position will be responsible for formulary maintenance and support as well as ongoing educational efforts provided by excelleRx.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Development and maintenance of clinical reference tools
Development of content for social media integration
- Responsible for the development of clinical reference tools including topic identification, research utilizing relevant primary literature and secondary resources, and publication of clear and concise tools for internal and external distribution
- Requirement would be for monthly publication of reference tool in a distributable format
- Also responsible for ongoing maintenance and update of previous published tools based upon changes in evidential support, cost-effectiveness, or regulatory environment.
Customized formulary development support
- Responsible for the development of content for use in company social media strategy. Requirement would be for at least bi-weekly publication of content suitable for online posting
- Ability to assimilate recent industry-related news and quickly develop appropriate and concise summarization
- Support Clinical Account Managers in developing customized formularies in both new starts as well as for current clients converting from HP Standard Formulary
- Work with internal departments to coordinate creation of customized formulary table necessary for technological conversion of necessary formulary elements
- Oversee formulary implementation from a clinical perspective and be available to discuss/answer questions that arise during conversion process
- Identify areas of need for CNE development based upon market demands and client feedback
- Develop presentation material in conjunction with internal/external faculty as necessary. Requirement would be live quarterly presentations
- Coordinate conversion of live events to recorded versions and work with internal departments to make recorded content available online
Pharmacy & Therapeutics (P&T) Committee
- Liaise with internal departments to identify product recalls, withdraws, and changes that are germane to patients and customers
- Identify product changes that may have significant clinical utilization impacts or financial consequences and drive internal discussion regarding necessary response
- Work in conjunction with internal groups to develop communication materials using standard communication protocol
Other duties and responsibilities as required
- Responsible for development and maintenance of P&T related activities
Mature individual who possesses excellent verbal and written communication, leadership, organizational, and clinical skills. Position also requires a great deal of collaboration and cross-functional team integration. Demonstration of excellent presentation skills will also be required.
Education and/or Experience
- Employee will have earned an advanced degree in pharmacy and have at least three years practice experience in hospice and palliative care.
- Completion of a residency in drug information or medical communication is a plus.
- Background in formulary development and management is a plus.
- Background in informatics and/or database research is a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Technically proficient in EndNote, RefWorks, or equivalent software.
- Must have a current PA or TN license.
Omnicare, Inc - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard -