– Detroit, MI
We are Ally Financial
A company with a new approach and a rich history; one that values openness, accountability and honesty. Our company dates back to 1919 and is built on the strong foundation of GMAC Financial Services. Our associates and customers are at the heart of everything we do.
Ally Financial strives to build a World Class culture that engages a diverse and vibrant team of professionals. We seek employees who are motivated for success with processes aligned to promote inner-mobility, career growth and leadership development. Ally Financial remains committed to offering a compelling employment proposition that enables us to expand our dynamic team. Put your career on a path with a company that’s taking the financial services industry in a new direction and apply today! Visit
- We serve more than 15 million customers worldwide and have financed more than 150 million cars/ trucks
- Ally Financial is ranked the No.1 automotive finance company
- Money Magazine rated Ally Bank as the Best Online Bank Package for 2011
- Ally Financial consistently ranked within Fortune 500 Companies
to learn more.
Purpose of Job:
This position supports the day-to-day communications activities of the assigned client group and works with the executive director of Communications to establish strategic communication planning.
The position has a focus on internal and external communications.
Communications plans, internal leadership messages, conference call scripts, talking points, FAQs, leadership presentations, corporate intranet stories, and other business-related announcements.
Press releases, video news releases, talking points or scripts, reactive media statements, holding statements, key messages for media, media interview preparation.
Other duties and responsibilities include the following:
Develop and implement proactive internal and external communications that support the goals of the business.
Work with the executive director of Communications to build productive relationships with key industry publications.
Collaborate with leaders and peers in the Communications function, Auto Finance business, and cross-functionally as required to develop communications strategies and messaging. Manage auto finance product announcements.
Monitor and disseminate news related to the business and key competition.
Respond to inquiries in the press regarding dealer or customer issues, working with customer service, the Auto team and Legal.
Contribute to the effectiveness of the Communications function, including participating in general departmental deliverables and forums and implementing best practices from the team.
Manage internal/external events and work with partners to ensure high standards and excellent quality is delivered in terms of content, environment and logistics.
Working at Ally is Rewarding!
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree preferred but not required
- At least ten years of communications experience.
- Strong media relations experience.
- Excellent written communication skills with an acumen for business and AP style writing.
- Strong relationship management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrates sound news judgment.
- The ability to work to urgent deadlines and juggle multiple high-priority tasks.
- Advanced program management skills and keen attention to detail
- A dedicated and collaborative work-style
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- General knowledge of the Financial Services and Auto industries a plusOther Information:
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and above-market bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program and emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally Offers Competitive Benefits:
Ally is an equal opportunity employer in that our policy, in accordance with federal & state laws, prohibits employment discrimination solely on the basis of a person's race, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, or disability except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
- 401K Matching and Company Contributions
- Paid Time Off (Roll-over up to 150%)
- Variable Pay (bonuses)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Coverage
- Vendor Partnership Discount Program
- Charitable Gift Contribution Matching
- Adoption Assistance
Communications - 1001130001
Oct 16, 2012, 2:01:20 PM
Ally Financial - 13 months ago
“Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise. Ally's automotive...