Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company and John Middleton. The companies’ premium tobacco brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal and Black & Mild. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country’s top premium wine producers and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria’s mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products. |
Altria Client Services’ provides the Altria family of companies with a variety of services including Communications and Public Relations. We are currently seeking a highly qualified Manager, Communications to join our Communications Department in Richmond, VA.
The tobacco industry offers a challenging communications environment that will grow and test the skills of a communications professional. This position is for someone interested in being part of a fast-paced group that responsibly addresses and manages issues, often on a national stage.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Working directly with various internal clients and developing communications plans to help them achieve their goals
- Acting as a spokesperson for the company, media strategy and issues management
- Providing counsel to senior management on crisis, employee and online communications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, Communications is preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant communications experience including knowledge of print, broadcast and online journalism, ideally applied in a regulated industry
- Experience with international operations is preferred
- Advanced project management and client service skills with strong critical thinking and influencing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Vendor management experience
- Ability to travel 10-15%
At Altria Client Services’, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs, as well as a relocation assistance package.
Altria Client Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Altria - 18 months ago
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S....