About Tesla |
Tesla’s goal is to accelerate the world’s transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Tesla has delivered over 15,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Model S is the world’s first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle. Model S was named Motor Trend’s prestigious 2013 Car of the Year , achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA , and Consumer Reports is calling it the best car it has ever tested.
Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone, you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we're trying to do too difficult.
The Role: Communications Manager
We communicate with the world about Tesla’s uncompromising design, technology, and service. We’re building a team made up of quick- witted, entrepreneurial, and intellectually-curious people. You will speak with and listen to our customers, enthusiasts, investors and, of course, journalists in traditional and in radically different ways. You will be working closely with other teams, especially marketing, design, sales, engineering, service and finance. This position will take ownership of and responsibility for planning and executing messaging about specific products and initiatives. You will be part of a growing global team reporting directly to the Director of Communications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help devise and execute messaging strategy and narratives for Tesla Motors.
- Create and run innovative and creative communications campaigns that drive sales.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists of all stripes, with line responsibility for automotive journalists.
- Draft press releases, blogs, messaging documents. Brief spokespeople and staff interviews.
- Create and pitch strategic company narratives.
- Consistently and doggedly correct misinformation and inaccuracies
- Create content that helps tell the Tesla story and promote that content through traditional and social channels
- Bachelors degree or equivalent exemplary experience
- At least 6+ years of professional experience in fast-paced business, media or non-profit environment.
- Exceptional communication skills – be an excellent and efficient writer.
- Ability to plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments, as well as ability to escalate appropriately.
- Relationships with consumer and/or automotive press preferred.
- Must have significant media relations experience.
- Political/campaign experience is a HUGE plus
- Experience with regulatory/legislative/litigation issues is a major plus
- Must have a track record working on interesting things that require mastery of technically complex material
- Willingness to work in a truly scrappy environment
- Must be a creative and innovative problem solver and solution finder
- Willing and able to travel a fair amount, on short notice
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
Tesla Motors - 30+ days ago
Tesla Motors intends to spark the public's passion and eco-conscience for electric vehicles. Founded in 2003, the company...