Manager of Communications will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive internal communication strategy that supports the company’s vision and culture, and responds to associates needs across the Company – including front line employees, mid-level management and executives. Tools and channels include intranet content, corporate internet, associate newsletters, email communications and briefings, social media, displays and presentations. Emphasis will be on building employee engagement, business literacy and brand ambassadorship among employees.
The position will also assist with Media Relations, Public Relations, and Corporate Responsibility efforts including chairing the local community outreach committee, managing and administering local charitable donations, and organizing charitable events and associate involvement.
The role requires proven project management skills with demonstrated ability to lead and work in teams and across functions to identify critical information and effectively convey it to differing audiences in a clear and engaging manner.
The position will work closely with Human Resources, Executive Management, the Marketing teams, and will be the point of contact for all Company communication and messaging across all 5 manufacturing plants, and several remote office sites and field offices.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Developing corporate communications strategies and materials
- Determining opportunities to increase communication effectiveness and development and introduction of new, innovative channels.
- Partnering with the business to remain up-to-date on current news, financial progress, product innovation, brand news, key project activities and pertinent information to share across the company through the appropriate communication method.
- Partnering with employees across Company locations to identify, source and summarize features for the bi-annual newsletter, bi-monthly posting, bi-monthly e-letter, intranet and internet features;
- Serving as communications contact to brand teams, to understand upcoming marketing and brand activities and product launches, and to align communications across all channels – including traditional and social media, as well as through displays and interactive competitions;
- Organizing quarterly associate updates and other related cross-company communication events –working with Executive Management and drafting all communication materials;
- Developing key messaging including writing speeches, internal announcements and preparing presentations, and drafting all messaging on behalf of CEO office
- Drafting website content (both external and internal) reflecting corporate initiatives and activities
- Managing the Company’s brand identity through messaging and media opportunities, and partnering with PR agency and brands to support our company’s online presence and social media efforts.
- Monitoring and reporting media coverage daily, and assisting with media strategies and deliverables.
- Leading all local community relations activities and manage network of remote CSR representatives
- Assisting in analysis and preparation of communication budget.
- Maintaining up-to-date executive bios and photos.
- Maintaining brand images and logos
- Bachelor’s degree plus 7-10 years in corporate communications.
- Communications strategy and plan development
- Project management
- Digital and internet/intranet content development,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Community relations
- Creative thinker, familiar with online tools and various communication methods.
- Well organized
- Experience with event planning and media relations beneficial
- Consumer goods experience preferred.
The Sun Products Corporation - 15 months ago