This position is responsible for managing and supporting corporate communications strategies and programs to further company objectives. The successful candidate must employ strategic communications tools through traditional and electronic platforms to effectively engage media and consumers. In this highly matrixed and complex business environment, this position will develop and manage corporate communications strategies and supporting programs to further company objectives. This position is responsible for establishing a positive company image among customers, prospects, employees, investors, key influencers, government representatives, business partners, and/or the public; ensuring that Western Union corporate and business unit strategies are communicated to and understood by key audiences. The person in the critical role will assist in the development of and managing feedback mechanisms for key audiences to measure processes and positive impact of communications programs. This position will work in a programmatic manner managing projects and/or communications programs in corporate communications/corporate affairs.
Unique Qualifications / Skill Sets:
- Strong communication skills, presentation, verbal and written.
- Strong media relations experience.
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively to all levels of employees and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to create short- and long-term strategic communication plans
- Ability to build strong partnerships and influence key stakeholders
- Business understanding - able to think systemically across the whole of the company.
- Strong, motivating leader with demonstrated coaching and influencing skills.
- Optimistic, persistent, patient, resourceful, forward looking, results driven and convincing.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced corporate environment managing multiple projects and assignments simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience successfully implementing campaigns targeting top-tier consumer and international ethnic media
- Willingness to work with key stakeholders in global time zones
- Proficient in Microsoft platforms, particularly Powerpoint
- Bachelor's degree in Communications or related field
- In addition, 5-7 years relevant experience in journalism, public relations, and/or corporate communications, preferably in a global environment
- Previous experience building successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Bi-lingual ability desirable
- Social Media program development desirable
The Western Union Company (NYSE: WU) is a leader in global payment services. Together with its Vigo, Orlandi Valuta, Pago Facil and Western Union Business Solutions branded payment services, Western Union provides consumers and businesses with fast, reliable and convenient ways to send and receive money around the world, to send payments and to purchase money orders. The Western Union, Vigo and Orlandi Valuta branded services are offered through a combined network of approximately 435,000 Agent locations in 200 countries and territories. In 2009, The Western Union Company completed 196 million consumer-to-consumer transactions worldwide, moving $71 billion of principal between consumers, and 415 million business payments. For more information, visit www.westernunion.com.