"Insure" Your Future
The Workers' Compensation Department is looking to add a Manager, Workers’ Compensation Claims to our new Illinois office. Our team provides innovative products and coverage solutions as well as professional and impartial claims handling. Join our team of skilled professionals that is dedicated to quality and superior customer service.
"Claim" Your Role Our Manager, Workers’ Compensation Claims is a person who can manage and oversee the technical product of regional claim departments to ensure that practices comport with state compliance regulations.You will ensure claims are processed expeditiously, efficiently and cost effectively.You will provide applicable training to meet state requirements and correct adverse trends daily. In addition, you will manage a unit or department of claims professionals.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Manages a regional office in the performance of their daily activities. • Assures that all ICW Group practices and procedures, and state regulations governing the processing of claims and reporting of losses, are practiced daily.
- Identifies and provides applicable resources (including vendors) for all team members to meet expectations, daily. • Maintains regular review of reserves to ensure each open file adequately reflect the reasonable ultimate cost of the claim. • Reviews and audits claim files to make sure that ICW Group’s and the state’s W/C expectations are met daily.
- Ensures claims are processed aggressively to achieve the best possible result and an acceptable closing ratio.
- Manages multiple branch expenses daily.
- Promotes and encourages effective communication with all team members daily.
- Completes and shares applicable reports to staff, agents and Home Office as necessary.
- Organizes team workload, assigns projects and manages resources and results.
- Sets performance expectations, team and individual goals and timelines in alignment with department management.
- Provides regular feedback and coaching to team members. • Mentors and develops Team Members to further their skills, knowledge and professional practice; creates and monitors development plans.
- Provides organization and skill development for new team members. • Prepares and conducts performance evaluations.
- Ensures staffing coverage for the team is available to support customer needs.
- Hires, fires, prepares disciplinary actions and other managerial responsibilities for his/her direct reports.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred.
Knowledge of other jurisdictions a plus.
Requires a minimum of 5 years examining experience and at least 1 year as a Supervisor of claims professionals.
Advanced understanding of Workers’ Compensation claims principles and application.
Strong understanding of personnel and performance strategies. IEA Certificate, WCCP Accreditation preferred. CPCU designation a plus.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, time management and organizational skills.
Requires a high level of attention to detail. Team oriented and a sense of urgency for execution. Ability to effectively present information to top management, and/or public groups. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
ICW Group is a full-service group of companies, also providing claims, safety services, and loss control services.