Broadwind Energy is seeking a Manager Consolidations & External Reporting for our Corporate Office located in Cicero, IL reporting to our Corporate Controller. This position will be responsible for managing the consolidation of business unit accounting records and preparing internal and external financial reporting requirements for this high-growth $250 million manufacturer of wind turbine towers and precision gearing. The Manager Consolidations & External Reporting is responsible for accurate and timely reporting of financial results, maintaining a SOX-compliant control environment over reporting systems, managing the corporate close calendar and preparing timely and accurate quarterly and annual financial reports to the SEC in accordance with GAAP. This position will also assist the Corporate Controller in developing and managing company-wide internal controls including developing policy and procedures. This position serves as a key member of the financial management team, and is a member of the Finance Leadership Team for Broadwind Energy.
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
To be successful in this position, you will need:
- Manage the corporate accounting consolidation for timely and accurate reporting, including preparation of eliminations of intercompany accounts ensuring adherence to GAAP and corporate policies.
- Manage the close calendar and coordinate timing of internal and external closing steps leading to timely public filings.
- Manage and maintaining a SOX-compliant control environment over reporting systems including controlling common chart of accounts at source ERP systems and consolidation and reporting systems.
- Prepare timely and accurate quarterly and annual financial reports to the SEC in accordance with GAAP, coordinating with several reporting and disclosure constituents.
- Perform accounting research and develop position papers for complex accounting issues; coordinate efforts of business unit personnel for less complex issues.
- Key interface with internal and external audit related to corporate consolidation, and business unit PBCs and analytic requirements.
- Chair the disclosure controls committee and manage the process.
- Prepare internal Flash Reports, and Monthly Business Review (MBR) package related to the corporate office and consolidated results.
- Assist the Corporate Controller in developing and monitoring policy and procedures to meet requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Assist the Corporate Controller in business unit quarterly financial review and oversight.
- Participate in Finance Leadership Team for Broadwind Energy, which sets financial policy and processes.
Undergraduate finance or accounting degree and 7-10 years accounting and auditing experience.
CPA is required.
At least three years in a financial reporting role for a public company.
Strong accounting system knowledge and demonstrated experience.
Strong MS Excel skills required.
Manufacturing and Public Accounting experience preferred.
Strong interpersonal skills - know how to get answers and results while maintaining sound relationships.
Good business acumen and ability to relate business actions to financial results.
Strong written and verbal communications.
Strong attention to detail.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands.
Broadwind Energy applies decades of deep industrial expertise to innovate integrated solutions for customers in the energy and infrastructure markets. From gears and gearing systems for wind, oil and gas and mining applications to wind towers, to comprehensive remanufacturing of gearboxes and blades, to operations and maintenance services, and specialty weldments, we have solutions for the energy needs of the future. With facilities throughout the U.S., Broadwind Energy's talented team of 800 employees is committed to helping customers maximize performance of their investmentsquicker, easier and smarter.
Broadwind Energy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our website www.bwen.com to learn more about our organization.
Broadwind Energy, Inc. - 12 months ago