Roll Global is a privately held, U.S. $2 billion
corporation with diverse interests including
agriculture, consumer packaged goods, floral services
and more. With more than 4,000 employees, Roll Global is
a fast-growing company that maintains its
entrepreneurial spirit and high-energy, results-oriented
atmosphere. As a privately held business, the company
has the freedom to make long-term decisions that are
good for the business, its consumers, its employees and
Due to an expanding Safety department to service Roll
Global's operations we are currently looking for a
Manager of Construction Safety who will oversee the
development, implementation, and management of the
construction safety program for Roll Global, LLC and its
companies; provides direction and oversees programs.
Conducts safety inspections and training; serves as
consultant to Project Managers on safety and health
issues; and performs related duties as required.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
implementation, enforcement and continuous
- Responsible for providing leadership for the
improvement of Roll Global, LLC construction safety
policies and processes.
in construction safety and loss prevention; advise
- Provide vision, leadership, and technical expertise
management on loss control and risk reduction
strategies; provide consultation and technical
assistance to all companies.
- Enforce safe practices with a visible presence on
procedures across corporation.
- Develop and implement Contractor Orientation
hazard analysis (JHA), Site Safety work Plans,
- Assist in the development and acceptance of job
Public Hazard Analysis, and Environmental Management
corrections with all contractors.
- Engages in Site safety inspections, coordinating
investigation of construction related incidents and
- Reviews and oversees procedures for the
for tracking and reporting safety performance of the
- Develop and implement safety measurements/metrics
contractors and subcontractors.
Workers Compensation and GL Claims and Safety
- Management level loss control reviews for all
Inspections Statistical information to develop and
present technical reports.
both administrative and field safety management
- Provide general safety oversight and performance of
regulatory agency inquiries or inspections
- Coordinate the response to all federal and/or state
(including CAL-OSHA); represent the organization in
the community and in industry safety groups and
trends, problems, and opportunities to reduce losses
- Track and provide insight into common issues,
and Incident costs; maintain information and
performance measurement systems to ensure that loss
information is tracked and effectively communicated.
individual counseling on safety and health related
- Develop and provide on-site classroom training and
professional development of internal resources;
- Provide guidance and direction to ensure the
manage external safety.
contractor status meetings
- Participation in pre-construction and regular
- Develop contractor safety pre-qualification and
Requirements and Minimum Education Level:
Occupational Health and Safety or related
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety Engineering,
experience with an emphasis on construction
- Minimum of 10 years or relevant safety and health
skills along with the influence and/or persuade
- Consistently demonstrates strong interpersonal
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of the commercial
material, including technical information, rules,
- Ability to understand and interpret written
regulations, agency rules, executive orders and
laws; conduct tests and inspect working areas,
machinery, equipment and working conditions for
compliance with occupational safety and health
equipment (PPE) such as respirator; meet physical
- Requires the ability to wear personal protective
demands of position such as walking, standing,
lifting up to 40 pounds, climbing ladders and
stairs, bending, squatting, and crawling in tight
spaces to safely access work sites.
regulations for construction industry: OSHA, EPA,
- Requires a sound knowledge of relevant federal
NFPA, et al. Familiarity with state of California
OSHA & EPA would be preferred.
Desirable Qualifications Experience:
Technician (CHST), Certified Safety Professional
- Designation as a Construction Health & Safety
(CSP) by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals
or possession of other applicable certification
(i.e. designation as an Associate Construction
Health & Safety Technician (ACHST), Associate Safety
comprehensive construction safety program; training
- Experience in evaluating and implementing a
techniques; basic principles of risk management;
techniques of accident prevention; laws and
regulations applicable to employee safety and
- Experience in construction activities in large
- OSHA 500 Authorized Instructor
necessary to be effective with a wide range of
- Requires leadership and interpersonal skills
personnel; ability to work effectively in teams and
- “Hands-on” approach to safety.
- Requires a working knowledge of budget preparation
written communications skills.
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal and
applications, e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
Req. Code : 3886
Division/Department : Roll Global LLC