Work Location: Madison, WI
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team a Manager, Consumer Sales
This position is accountable for assisting with the operations of the Consumer Sales Contact Center unit including the management of development activities, onboarding and development of staff and the provision of support required by the Director, Consumer Sales. The position will oversee daily activities of the business unit and serve as a liaison between other internal and external departments.
1. Supervise, motivate and coach contact center staff to achieve department goals. This includes managing both inbound and outbound team sales activity and implementing action plans to attain team revenue goals. Responsible for hiring, firing and evaluating Consumer Sales Team.
2. Position staff for success through implementation of development plans, mentoring and telephone monitoring. Manage monitoring activity to meet or exceed departmental goals of number of calls monitored.
3. Assist the business unit in identifying and organizing team meetings and team member assignments with an emphasis on helping the team establish clear priorities. Communicate these priorities and work with other department team members on potential needed changes, in support of the business unit.
4. Develop and manage/oversee the training process for Consumer Sales staff. This includes collaboration with team leaders to identify training needs and to evaluate and position representatives for success.
5. Assist the business unit in identifying staffing needs and act as a liaison to the Talent Acquisition team.
6. Provide a point of resolution for customer complaints and serve as an arbitrator for complaints/issues.
7. Monitors and evaluates Quality Assurance and metrics reports and identifies required actions necessary to achieve service level and quality targets.
8. Act as a liaison between the business unit and the Workforce Management team. This includes collaboration with the Workforce Management team to identify and make recommendations for process changes.
9. Act as a liaison between the business unit and Product Management & Marketing. Evaluating the product and marketing objectives and how the influence the consumer sales team.
10. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
2. 6-8 years demonstrated experience in financial and/or insurance services industry, people management, sales, and/or project management.
3. 2-3 years demonstrated experience as a team leader in a call center environment.
4. Demonstrated, acceptable experience in complex environments using analytical skills, strong communication skills, and project management skills.
5. Demonstrated performance of effective leadership skills with strong influencing and prioritization abilities.
6. Demonstrated ability to think strategically.
7. Proven ability to communicate effectively, conduct meetings and
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
deliver formal presentations.
Experience Level: 5-8 years
Area of Interest(s): Underwriting, Product, Sales, Sales Operations
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: MML20131401-61318
CUNA Mutual Group - 23 months ago