The Manager, Corporate Accounting reports directly to the Controller and is responsible for leading the month end close and consolidation. This individual will also manage the overall reconciliation process ensuring that all accounts are reconciled in a timely and accurate manner, while also identifying areas of risk and opportunity. This person is a key team player and must partner with others within the Controller group and Finance group.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the month end close process for the corporate Accounting department, including ensuring the remote locations are submitting financial statements in a timely manner.
- Manage the Corporate chart of accounts, including the development of a process whereby every account with the chart of accounts is identified, ownership is assigned and the accounts are reconciled properly and timely.
- Analyze the financial results and ensure that the Oracle system and the related processes have accounted for everything properly.
- Understand and ensure the control environment and ensure compliance is maintained. This includes ensuring all controls are being performed and adjusting for any changes that are required to manage the risk.
- Review and approve the work of other accountants (reconciliation and journal entries) and provide guidance and leadership to others on the team
- Support the external audit process
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- BA/BS in Accounting, comparable degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2-4 years of general accounting, account analysis and reconciliation, and journal entry preparation, with 2 years public accounting experience preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of MS Excel required
- Understanding of US GAAP required
- CPA desired but not required
- Oracle experience preferred but not required
- External and internal financial reporting experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in making decisions and resolving complex problems.
- Organized, detail-oriented and thorough with the ability to adapt to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
The Berry Company - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Berry Company is deeply committed to supporting the communities where we live and work. Our employees, who participate through donations...