POSITION OVERVIEW: The position will play a significant role in the preparation and communication of financial reports to senior management, shareholders and government agencies, including the SEC. The financial reports incorporate the results of approximately 200 manufacturing and sales facilities which produce and sell the Company’s products in over 60 countries.
• Prepare and review various financial reporting deliverables for monthly, including quarter- and year-end closes. Additionally, this position requires heavy interaction with the business units on a regular basis, specifically during monthly closes.
• Areas of responsibility or involvement include restructuring, environmental obligations, corporate expense preparation and analysis, segment reporting, goodwill, debt, commitments and cash flow.
• Research and implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
• Prepare and ensure the accuracy of consolidated financial reports to management, shareholders and the SEC. These reports include quarterly filings, such as the earnings releases and Form 10-Qs and 10-K, Form 8-Ks and the Annual Report.
• Prepare and review the accuracy of XBRL taxonomies included with Form 10-Qs and 10-K.
• Work with Corporate Financial Reporting Systems team in the regular maintenance of reporting hierarchies, reports, user-access, financial schedules, etc. This also involves making improvements in and troubleshooting of financial reporting processes.
• Interact and foster collaboration with other departments such as the Tax, Treasury, Legal and Financial Planning and Analysis departments related to external and internal reporting requirements.
• Write new (or update) financial policies and provide implementation support to business units worldwide.
• Coordinate department’s efforts to achieve full compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
• Utilize computer skills (e.g.Excel) in the preparation of data used for monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting.
• Prepare and manage the retirement savings plan and retirement benefit plans’ annual audits.
• Interact and coordinate with the external auditors and provide them the necessary information for the completion of audit requirements.
• Bachelor's degree (preferably in Accounting or Finance)
• Active CPA a must
• 4 + years of public accounting is required
• Experience in Financial Reporting (SEC filings) a must
• Excellent project management skills
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and writing skills
• Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment
• Self-starter with high level of energy and drive to get tasks accomplished
• Experience in Hyperion Financial Management a plus
Physical Work Location:
150 N Orange Grove Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91103
When applying to this position, please use Internet Explorer.
AVERY DENNISON IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER
Avery Dennison Corporation - 15 months ago
Avery Dennison is easy to label: It's a global leader in the making of adhesive labels used on packaging, mailers, and other items....