Headquartered in Philadelphia, Radian connects lenders, homebuyers, investors and loan servicers using a suite of private mortgage insurance and related risk management products and services. We help promote and preserve the tradition of homeownership while protecting lenders from default-related losses on residential first mortgages. We also facilitate the sale of low-down payment mortgages in the secondary market.
Our commitment to homeownership is built on a foundation of evaluating credit risk; we help clients and investors expertly and prudently manage risk in any market condition.
The Manager, Corporate and Marketing Communications is responsible for elevating the Radian brand by creating a proactive event marketing strategy and effectively executing against it. Reporting to Radian’s Vice President, Marketing & Communications, this individual will plan and execute a range of events from client entertainment to large multi-tactical industry tradeshows, utilizing a variety of marketing and communications tools. This includes determining marketing strategy, developing guest lists and event themes, onsite event management, as well as pre- and post-event communications. In addition to planning and execution, this position will be responsible for promoting Radian’s event presence via direct marketing, social media, website promotion and public relations in partnership with other members of the marketing team.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Manage all components of Radian-sponsored events including industry tradeshows, conferences and client entertainment events. This includes but is not limited to: marketing strategy and planning, internal coordination and communication, securing exhibit space, budget management, site inspection and selection, onsite management and marketing promotion.
- Develop effective marketing and promotional materials to enhance Radian’s event presence including collateral, invitations and signage; direct mail and email; social media; press releases and website promotion.
- Negotiate all event contracts on behalf of Radian. In addition, the Event Marketing Manager will establish relationships with key resources to ensure premium exposure and support, and expense management including hotel, entertainment and conference venues in various metro locations.
- Manage external resources needed to support and maximize the event process, including freelance designers and printers. In addition, the Event Marketing Manager will manage Radian’s relationship with our external event resource. This should include all contract negotiation, time and project management and a regular process for evaluation and process improvement.
- Track Radian’s event strategies, standards and best practices. Compile monthly and quarterly reports on events (e.g. meeting statistics and activity reports as appropriate), assist in evaluating results and making recommendations for future enhancements based upon those results.
- Develop and promote various products, services and new personnel for the mortgage insurance sales team via news releases, social media and other direct marketing channels.
- Knowledge of event management, vendor negotiation and event marketing
- Ability to work with external vendors and agencies.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of management.
- Minimum of five years of hands-on event marketing experience with solid knowledge of plan development, event planning/execution and event marketing/promotion.
- Experience with event promotion utilizing a variety of marketing tactics including direct marketing (e.g., direct mail and email), website promotion and social media.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize many projects at one time. Experience with Cvent or similar software a plus.
- Ability to travel 25-40% of the time.
- Occasional unconventional work hours for event planning and public relations deadlines (less than 20%).\
- Work independently with various levels of management, departments and outside vendors.
- Experience: 5-8 years related experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Additional Certifications/Liscenses (any/all a plus): Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) Certification; Certified Trade Show Marketer (CTSM); Trade Show Exhibitors Association Member (TSEA)