The Manager, Curriculum Development is a full time position reporting to the Senior Vice President, Quality and Safety and is primarily responsible for design, facilitation, and implementation of Clinical Excellence business unit learning interventions and the development and maintenance of learning programs including continuing education application and documentation of requirements. The position must incorporate innovative learning strategies in numerous types of media including virtual learning environments.
- Consults with Clinical Excellence associates and Health Ministries to assess learning needs, to gain knowledge of subject matters requiring training/education and to better understand procedures/policies, initiatives and technologies at use.
- Responsible for utilizing principles of adult learning when developing, implementing, evaluating and coordinating educational programs;
- Responsible for determining most effective instructional methods (such as individual training, web-based learning, workshops, etc.) and materials to meet specific objectives; coordinates all logistics of training delivery, including marketing/communication of educational offering, arranging for specialized equipment and materials; measuring usage and impact of training through appropriate evaluation to determine effectiveness; effectively manages all processes related to continuing education such as continuing medical education (CMEs) and contact hours for continuing nursing education, including adhering to accreditation guidelines and maintaining appropriate records.
- Educational offerings will primarily (but not exclusively) be related to:
- High Reliability Organization
- Patient Safety Organization
- Clinical Excellence Quality and Patient Safety Initiatives
- Contracts and grants
- Regulatory requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Promotes and exemplifies and supports the Ascension Health Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Master’s Degree (required) in preferred subject area(s) such as organization development, learning and curriculum design, communication, or psychology or nursing education.
- 5-10 years of experience required in adult learning theory, development, design, and delivery
- Experience in assessing, developing and facilitating professional training programs and working with outside vendors.
- Licensure as a professional registered nurse (preferred)
- Requires expert-level knowledge of adult learning principles and theory, training design, needs assessment, e-learning integration, blended learning formats, and workforce development
- A broad general knowledge of the health care field
- Requires the ability to convert content supplied by subject matter experts into effective training curriculum and educational programs and assists with successful transfer of the knowledge to the respective audiences
- Must effectively interface with other training and educational components of the System Office and the Health Ministries (e.g., Ascension Health University team).
- Knowledge of and application of the Scope and Standards of Practice for Nursing Professional Development
- Knowledge of Medical Education and resident requirements for licensure and learning content/credits
- Requires excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills at all levels within the organization
- Professional dress and demeanor required.
- Must have the ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong planning and organizational skills required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and a variety of e-learning tools
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Requires mature, professional demeanor in handling sensitive situations.
Travel requirements will vary, but should be no more than 20%.
Ascension Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Ascension Health has ascended to the pinnacle of not-for-profit health care. As the largest Catholic hospital system in the US, and thus one...