Manager, Data Analytics
Job ID #: 73679
Location: NY-New York
Functional Area: Science
Business Line: Chartis
Employment Type: Full Time
Education Required: Masters Degree (or equivalent)
Experience Required: 6-9 years
Relocation Provided: No
Travel Percentage: 0
Chartis has an opportunity for a Manager of Data Analytics in its Science organization. As a Manager of Data Analytics you will manage the data and reporting needs of the Science Team. Possible scope of duties include: building and maintaining end-user data sets for statistical modeling and analysis; merging data from multiple systems/databases into consistent data tables; QC and data verification, including definition and implementation of rules-based derived fields; production of ad-hoc reports. You will also mentor and develop data analysts.
Additional responsibilities of this position may include:
Designing end-user data sets based on needs of modelers and other collaborative partners. Overseeing the building and maintenance of data according to design specifications.
Establishing QC rules for data verification. Reviewing QC summaries produced by data analysts and ensuring accuracy of data used for analytics.
Designing and developing reports based on internal client needs. Reviewing reports produced by data analysts to ensure accuracy of analytics.
Insurance industry experience
- Experience working with multiple large data sets
- Demonstrated ability to ensure appropriate data quality
- Documentation of end-user business rules for derived data
- Creation of effective business reports in response to management requests
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
• Strong oral and written communication skills
- Database tools, particularly Oracle, SQL in desktop environment. Experience with SAS a plus.
- Business reporting techniques and tools
- BS degree required, advanced degree in a quantitative field preferred.
Chartis is a world leading property casualty and general insurance organization serving more than 40 million clients in over 160 countries and jurisdictions. With a 90-year history, one of the industry’s most extensive ranges of products and services, deep claims expertise and excellent financial strength, Chartis enables its commercial and personal insurance clients alike to manage virtually any risk with confidence. For additional information, please visit our website at http://www.Chartisinsurance.com.
At Chartis we support and encourage a diverse work environment. EOE.
Valic - 18 months ago