Position Code: 13-PD-136
Reports To: Director, IT
Department: Corporate IT
The DBA Manager leads and manages the database environment that includes Oracle, SqlServer, and MySQL for Complete Genomics, a subsidiary of BGI company. The individual will work with other IT team leaders to translate the organization’s IT strategy into specific database roadmaps and deliverables, measures the effectiveness of the delivery model, and track progress against plan and operational Service Level Agreements (SLA). The individual will provide management and implementation of strategic initiatives for the enterprise databases services in the charge toward efficiency and optimization.
In addition, the individual will also be responsible for IT Project Management function, providing the oversight and execution of IT portfolio of projects ensuring alignment with CGI Program Management.
The right candidate for this position is well organized, and an exceptional communicator with his/her team, peers, executive management, and the company. The individual will live by metrics, staying ahead of the tactical while also deeply understanding the needs of various business teams to appropriately plan for growth and change.
Demonstrated ability to lead and energize multidisciplinary teams with gifted communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills. Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives.
Demonstrated negotiation skills with vendors or management and ability to influence management regarding matters of significance to the organization. The successful candidate must be able to establish credibility very quickly in organization with shifting priorities. The individual must be a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, opinionated team.
The individual will have a technical aptitude particularly in the database domain and be credible as leader in a technical organization. The individual will be able to articulate with full clarity the aspiration of his teams, and achieve results through influence and leadership rather than direct authority.
The ideal candidate must have a record of accomplishments in managing IT applications and infrastructure portfolio, and is excellent at problem solving and communication skills. The successful candidate will be adept at building and maintaining multiple relationships between the Business organizations and within the IT organization in order to identify the customer needs, requirements, and execute successfully.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education/experience in Computer Science, Business or Management Information Systems or related field, advanced degree in Business Administration or Computer Science is desirable
- 8-10 years of increasingly responsible hands-on and leadership IT experience gained with companies respected for their well-managed information systems organizations preferable with prior tenure in Pharmaceuticals or Biotech companies
- A minimum of 5-7 years in database architecture, engineering, or operational domains. Qualified candidates must have led a DBA organization for minimum 4 years in an IT leadership role, and have had experience setting strategy, developing database solutions, process re-engineering, and database optimization. Experience with multiple database technology is desirable, mainly SqlServer, Oracle, and MySQL
- Experience of managing large-scale database and platform upgrade is viewed as a plus; particularly any exposure to HPC Cluster is helpful. Understanding of underlying hardware, network, storage technology, and underlying data center operation is essential for success in the position
- Previous background in leading IT projects and portfolio working globally and across time zone is preferred.
- Must be an exceptional communicator, both verbally and in writing, with the immediate team, peers, and executive management. Comfortable with presenting to large groups and executives using multiple tools and presentation platforms. Demonstrated ability to navigate situational communication with ease, displaying credibility and instilling confidence in dialogue. Exceptional ability to lead and influence cross functionally and globally
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department at email@example.com .
Complete Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Complete Genomics was formed in 2005 by Dr. Clifford A. Reid and Dr. Radoje T. Drmanac, who shared a vision to provide academic and...