Join our LinkedIn Group, Frontier Technology: Networking, Forum, and Jobs.
Frontier Communications is seeking a DBA Manager to lead the DBA team to keep the production, test, training and development databases up, stable and in high quality working order.
The DBA Manager is responsible for managing the team that maintains the Application Databases across the company; Coordinating and communicating status and progress against goals; Continuing to institutionalize maintenance and implementation processes that are effective, efficient, and supported by metrics; Collaborating with other IT and Business groups to assist in the achievement of on-time delivery of projects; & Driving best practices.
- Lead and develop a high-performing Oracle & MSSQL DBA team
- Possess superior verbal and written communications skills
- Collaborate with the IT Infrastructure team, the IT Application teams, Oracle and third-Party Vendors, and other Business Groups in the development / delivery of business applications
- Develop and execute an appropriate delivery team model to meet current and projected needs
- Ensure DBA team delivers on-time, on-budget, and high-quality
- Develop and implement strong DBA techniques and effective methodologies
This position is located in Allen, TX.
- Technical Knowledge and Skills related to Oracle 8, 9, 10 & 11, and MSSQL 2000, 2005, 2008, 2012 database platforms / environments
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of information processing principles and practices
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience managing high performing teams
- Experience working with Change Management processes and tools
- Excellent Interpersonal Communication and Language Skills
- Experience tracking and reporting relevant metrics
- Experience with configuring DBs for Active and Passive environments
- University degree or equivalent work experience in the field of Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or other related field
- Knowledgeable of Quality Assurance tools and techniques
- Knowledgeable of Project Management methods, processes, and deliverables
- Proficient with Microsoft Office toolset
- 10+ years related experience, at least 5 years in a technical management capacity
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) offers voice, broadband, satellite video, wireless Internet data access, data security...