BROAD FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to lead, manage, and coordinate the Del Monte Production System (Lean Manufacturing) efforts at the Bloomsburg, PA pet food production facility. The position will deploy the lean manufacturing tools with the goal of identification and elimination of the seven wastes of manufacturing. The expectation is that this position will help sustain a culture of continuous improvement that will provide sustained cost savings, quality improvements, and safety improvements that will significantly lower the cost of production of Del Monte products.
• Be a champion of the lean manufacturing methodology, providing mentoring and support to the production facility team.
• Lead implementation of lean concepts including 5S, Kaizen, Visual Controls, Standard Work, Pull, Value Stream Mapping, Total Productive Maintenance, and SMED.
• Drive the company-wide continuous improvement effort to maximize safety, quality, and cost.
• Develop and deploy metrics for monitoring the progress being made in the facility, with emphasis on tracking and reporting OEE and cost reduction opportunities.
• Design and lead Kaizen events that will positively impact the business unit operations.
• Lead or participate in Six Sigma projects.
• Communicate to management and peers the key outcomes and cost improvement efforts.
• B.S. in Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field. Additional certification in Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma preferred.
• Minimum 5-7 years of manufacturing experience in a high mix process oriented environment. Specific experience in lean manufacturing implementation.
• Ability to travel as needed to other Del Monte locations.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
• Ability to motivate, influence, and relate to all levels in a manufacturing organization is essential.
• This position requires strong leadership skills as well as analytical ability with a solid understanding of PC tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
• Competitive salary
• Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) and Pension Plan
Del Monte Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH WWW.DELMONTEFOODS.COM TO BE CONSIDERED. (https://www.delmontefoods.com/careers/)
No sponsorship is available for this position.
No agencies or 3rd party vendors.
Del Monte Foods - 14 months ago