- Employs Agile and Lean principles and engineering techniques to ensure delivery of high-quality, value-driven, operationally efficient features that enhance our technology platform
- Create and manage a product roadmap that includes automation tools and monitoring to support a continuous delivery workflow
- Works to ensure accountability for successful project delivery while promoting continuous improvement of how the organization delivers solutions
- Provides guidance and direction for scrum masters, solution designers, developers, testers, and other technical specialists as needed to promote clarity, understanding and alignment among team members
- Builds and deploys automation using integration tools such as Expresso, CruiseControl, Hudson and Jenkins
- Promotes a high level of cross-project, cross-function collaboration through build, deploy and release processes
- Contributes to the creation and continuous improvement of a scalable development organization
- Stays abreast of agile and continuous improvement industry trends and best practices
- Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of application development and applies this knowledge toward the management of technology projects
- Has well-developed leadership qualities
- Strong software development, organizational, project and resource management skills
- Solid TFS, automated testing and integration skills
- Excellent human resource management skills and the ability to effectively influence employee behavioral situations. Proven ability to motivate and lead team members to achieve vision.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate at all management levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
- General knowledge and understanding of computer systems, hardware, and software operations and principles.
- Exhibits an understanding of the utilization of patterns for repetitive problem solving.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Is able to manage problem-solving activity in an efficient and effective manner.
- Exhibits a commitment to the utilization and enforcement of defined standards and process.
- Proven working knowledge of computer science and computing related subject matter including; application design and development, programming and programming languages, database systems and concepts, and computer system operations.
- Exhibits the ability to apply logical thinking in the development of solutions.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment, familiar with modern office methods, practices, procedures and equipment, as well as filing systems and business letter writing and competent in correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent work experience) is required
- Minimum 10 years experience in software development
- Minimum 2+ years experience in managing or supervising technical projects
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as senior architect, technical lead, or technical manager
Why Work for Us?
In 2012, Insperity was named on Texas Monthlys list of Best Companies to Work For in Texas, the Houston Business Journals list of Best Places to Work in Houston in the category of companies with 500 or more employees, and the Houston Chronicles list of Top 100 Workplaces. We continue to be a noted and admired company to work for. Care to join us?
You have a vision for success. We can help you get there.
Every business begins as a vision -- an idea that springs from the mind of an...