Harman International Industries, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the manufacture of high-quality, high-fidelity audio and electronic products for automotive, consumer and professional use. For more than 50 years, our legendary brands have taken a leading role in the creation and innovation of progressive technologies, from the world's first car radio in 1948 to today's most revolutionary infotainment systems.
Requisition Number: MKTG1697
Job Title: Manager, Digital Marketing
Area of Interest: Marketing
Career Level: Experienced (manager / supervisor)
Position Type: Full Time - Regular
State / Province: Connecticut
Country: United States Company Summary:
Harman is the worldwide leader in the manufacture of high-quality, high-fidelity audio and electronic products for automotive, consumer and professional use. It is the parent company behind an array of legendary brands that includes Harman Kardon®, JBL®, Mark Levinson® and Infinity®.The Company has developed, both internally and through a series of acquisitions, a range of product offerings. It operates in three segments: Automotive, Consumer and Professional. The Automotive segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, electronic and infotainment systems for vehicle applications primarily to be installed as original equipment by automotive manufacturers. The Consumer segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, video and electronic systems for home, mobile and multimedia applications. The Professional segment designs, manufactures and markets loudspeakers and electronic systems used by audio professionals in concert halls, stadiums, airports, houses of worship and theme attractions. For more than 50 years, our legendary brands have taken a leading role in the creation and innovation of progressive technologies, from the world's first car radio in 1948 to today's most revolutionary infotainment systems.
Job Title: Manager, Digital Marketing
Department: Corporate Marketing
Reports To: Director, Digital Marketing & Social Media
The Manager of Digital Marketing drives the daily execution and reporting of HARMAN digital marketing, engagement, and education activities including online campaigns, digital content management, digital media and SEM activities. This position is a key member of the internal digital marketing team that works closely with the Director of Digital Marketing & Social Media, peers in the marketing organization, external agency resources, and regional teams to conceive and implement digital programs to deeply engage current audiences, attract new consumers, and support HARMAN's key brands via paid, owned, and earned media. This team member will execute day-to-day digital operations and team processes, including documentation and campaign execution, while implementing policies and best practices.
- Digital Marketing Campaigns & Communications - Work with HARMAN resources and agencies to implement unique and brand-specific campaigns and programs for building awareness, interest, engagement, and purchase consideration through online creative and messaging strategies. Investigate emerging technologies, tools and enhancements that can increase traffic, brand awareness and improve overall customer satisfaction.
- Content Marketing - Manage day-to-day execution of online content development, working with the global product managers, brand services, and agencies to create content, production schedules, and content dissemination plans. Work with Global Product Managers to align marketing campaigns and rich product content to integrate into the New Product Introduction (NPI) Process. Develop, document, and deploy content creation processes and operationalize content management within each country for HARMAN brand campaigns.
- Content Calendar Management - Coordinate content publication calendar with marketing team and regions to develop on-time deployment of content and assets including videos, html landing pages, banners, for key NPI products, campaigns, promotions, and new product series and categories.
- Digital Outreach - Coordinate with advertising agencies and PR to connect offline advertising, seeding, and review efforts to broader digital marketing efforts. Work with HARMAN divisions to effectively leverage and support HARMAN's business initiatives, showcase our key brands (JBL, Harman Kardon, AKG, and Infinity) as the industry leaders in audio and increase the relevance of the role HARMAN technologies in delivering our brand promise.
- Campaign Tracking - Manage and deploy a HARMAN tagging and linking methodology to track and report incoming traffic from search, email, social, POP, QR codes, and display media to measure effectiveness of media and its resulting actions on our campaigns and websites.
- Measurement - Populate scorecard metrics and dashboards that will be used to consistently monitor key digital marketing metrics in paid, earned, and owned media channels. Identify improvements in key metrics for ongoing campaigns including digital media, SEM, display, Facebook, other social media. Monitor and report on key performance indicators for all programs, while identifying emerging opportunities.
- Domain Name Policies - Enforce the Harman Domain Name policy to ensure trademark protection and provide a logical, search-optimized, and cost efficient way to communicate our website addresses to the marketplace. Lead our domain agency to manage domain purchases for active use and brand protection. Establish ways of working for HARMAN to register domains.
- BS Degree is required.
- 4-6 years experience with demonstrated success in driving digital marketing initiatives from concept to completion.
- 4-6 years experience in execution of brand campaigns, digital media, online promotions, content development, and search. Web development, eCommerce & Social media experience a plus.
- Proven experience - participating within a team framework teams that deliver, creative digital campaigns, innovative media programs, and effective search campaigns while driving content and messaging improvements rooted in compelling storytelling.
- Understanding of Web 2.0 principles and experience with emerging platforms and tactics. Knowledge of digital marketing, engagement, media trends and analytics, industry direction and emerging tactics.
- Experience coordinating and integrating across multiple stakeholders, executing and implementing global digital marketing strategies to achieve outstanding results.
- Project Management Skills: exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Experience working within, managing, and interacting with international and cross-functional teams.
- Creativity and out-of-the box thinking - constantly pushing teams to challenge thinking in the digital space.
- Capacity for continuous learning - constantly learning the latest marketing techniques to keep HARMAN at the cutting edge of the industry.
- Inspirational leadership - capable of leading global teams through inspired leadership and strong communication skills.
- Consumer intuition - strong sense of consumer wants and needs and the ability to make intuitive leaps.
- Project management skills - ability to manage complex projects and schedules necessary with global web development efforts.
- Business acumen - solid business and financial background that keeps ROI focus front and center in all projects.
- Willingness to travel 25% of the time
- Willingness to work in an office in Stamford, CT
- Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test
Harman International - 2 years ago
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, HARMAN (NYSE:HAR) designs, manufactures and markets premier audio, visual, infotainment and...