Provides overall leadership in general manager capacity of day to day operations at Donaldson’s largest distribution center with 6 direct reports and a total team of approximately 175 employees.
Responsibilities include managing accurate and timely fulfillment of customer orders, demand management and product procurement, packaging and storage of inventory and supplies, procurement and maintenance of equipment and fixtures, inventory accuracy, and for maintaining safe working environment.
Oversees receipt, storage and shipment of materials and related reporting in accordance with established procedures.
Oversees preparation and coordination of schedules for shipping and receiving materials to control the flow of goods and regulate space.
Develops capacity plans and ensures adequate inventory levels are maintained to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize cost.
Oversees development of demand planning analyses and supply schedules based on internal and external information to establish and effectively manage an order backlog.
Ensures effectiveness of operating procedures, space utilization and maintenance and protection of facilities and equipment.
- s degree - supply chain management, operations management or business preferred.
- Ten years professional level distribution management experience.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate teams of approximately 150 to 200 employees
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with employees, managers, and company executives
- Strong reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and relate them to others
- Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, Word and Excel along with WMS experience
- Has held the any of the following titles: Operations Manager, Sr. Group Leader, Assistant General Manager, Distribution Center Manager, General Manager
- Ability to work independently.
Donaldson Company, Inc. - 11 months ago