Want a company with a real vision?
Our people make the difference in our success. Our vision is to provide Total Lifetime care to every pet, every parent, every time. We can't achieve this vision without the right people - they make the difference in our business and our success. Every associate plays a role in achieving our success by focusing on our three strategic priorities - delighting our customers, growing pet services and operating excellence. Here at the Store Support Group, you could play a key role in supporting these strategic initiatives.
Today, PetSmart has over 1200 store locations, with many more scheduled to open soon. We continue to grow at our Corporate Headquarters which means great opportunities for a professional such as you!
Benefits of working with PetSmart
In addition to a competitive salary, PetSmart associates are eligible for health benefits, 401K options, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, training and development, and an associate discount at all PetSmart stores!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.
This position is a leader within Supply Chain Solutions with responsibility for Distribution Maintenance functions throughout our DC network. These programs / projects will be of high impact, influence and visibility to the organization and will affect the success of Supply Chain and the company.
As Manager Distribution Field Maintenance, you will function as the subject matter expert in Facility Management for Supply Chain; leading facility improvement initiatives with quantifiable results, identifying capital improvement opportunities, and training others on improvement methodologies and tools. Ultimately, the ongoing efforts of you and your team will create a culture of asset management that will soon become part of the fabric of our organization, evident every day through improved customer satisfaction, performance and cost reduction.
This position is also responsible for creating and maintaining the tools, procedures and documentation necessary to support managing our Equipment Maintenance activities. They will be responsible for managing all preventative maintenance, repair and building services activities to ensure facility and equipment needs are met for all multi-shift distribution centers. Coordinates building and maintenance activities within the Supply Chain Network to obtain optimum production and utilization of personnel and capital equipment.
• Common Process: Lead/drive standardization of equipment and facility process improvement across the Supply Chain to successful completion in a timely manner. Comprehensive knowledge of supply chain business processes to effectively work with operations to understand requirements that will drive efficiencies in the business with an understanding of the details while maintaining a holistic approach. Can identify maintenance/MHE/facilities issues and opportunities where implementation of best practices will ensure that department and company business goals are met ensuring needed financial results. Reviews and evaluates current Facilities Management operating procedures/personnel practices and establishes network processes, best practices and priorities in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
• Facility/Equipment Management: Plans, directs and supervises Supply Chain Network facility management services including building and facility Powered Industrial Truck equipment, MHE, repair and improvement and rack management/maintenance.
• Financial Management: Support Supply Chain's run the business capital allocation to ensure appropriate control and value generation. Implement capabilities to effectively manage maintenance and assets. Consults with internal/external contractors and consultants when planning Capital Projects to align on design, scope of work, cost, and bidding; estimates costs; prepares and negotiates purchase orders, certifies payment requests; and maintains records. Performs long-range Strategic and short-term planning for Capital and Facilities needs; conducts needs assessments to determine requirements; determines feasibility of leasing or buying rolling stock and MHE and makes recommendations accordingly; prepares detailed drawings and specifications for alterations and miscellaneous construction projects.
• Project Leadership: Responsible for management of a portfolio of concurrent projects and initiatives that impact DCs. Conceptualize, document, and communicate solutions to meet business objectives. Completes required analysis, design, and development deliverable documentation. Programs / projects designed for leveraged deployment by establishing and maintain / monitoring standard processes and progress for project/program management. Understands broad picture of how individual projects can be leveraged across silos and recognize stakeholders or groups that might be impacted. Provides recommendations for and ensures compliance with operational policies, priorities, and standards in order to achieve Facilities Management and Capital Projects long and short term program objectives; develops long-term work plans, goals and objectives for Supply Chain Network.
• Safety: Upholds, supports, and maintains company safety standards at all times; ensures all warehouses are clean, neat, and free of safety hazards. Handles potential safety violation hazards to ensure compliance with OSHA standards; counsels managers, supervisors, and associates violating safety policies. Leads the Facilities Management and Capital Projects effort to establish and enforce operating and safety standards/procedures for maintenance services and repair; gives direction, resolves problems and sets deadlines to ensure completion of services.
Shared responsibility with peers for generation of revenue and profitable business. This position will be responsible for creation and monitoring project budgets to ensure compliance.
Leads a team of maintenance managers at multiple distribution facilities.
Become recognized as the company subject matter expert in regards to DC layout, equipment, and maintenance; in order to provide exceptional customer support to improve associate performance and increase distribution financial performance.
Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Retailing or technically equivalent is required. 5-7 years experience in supply chain or operations management is required. Knowledge of distribution systems including experience with PIT equipment. Experience managing DC facilities maintenance teams, including preventative maintenance programs, capital assets and spare parts inventory preferred.
Demonstrated business acumen, and supply chain financial knowledge.
Demonstrated ability to manage resources and analyze best available data.
Demonstrated success in change management within a performance oriented organization.
Strong problem solving skills (i.e. critical and evaluative thinking) required.
Ability to develop and implement complex project plans and strategies required.
Excellent influencing, communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
Ability and willingness to travel required (50%)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certifications in Lean, Six Sigma, and Project Management are highly preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment are characteristic of those found in a typical office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Submit Resume | Use Our Resume Builder
Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend
Print Job Details
Want to create a job search agent ?
Job Cart Directions
Interested in more than one position? Great! Instead of submitting multiple resumes, when you find a position that interests you, all you need to do is click on ADD JOB TO CART. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the positions you have added to your cart. When you are done searching, click on CHECKOUT & SUBMIT RESUME. If you have changed your mind and want to remove a position, you will be able to on the Resume Submittal Form, or click on CLEAR CART to start over. You are limited to selecting up to 5 jobs per location.
Check out &
PetSmart - 6 months ago
PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified a...