Purpose: To be the financial expert of a specific division or business unit within Spirit Airlines helping the business unit make better financial and operational decisions. Monitor all expenses and ensure the business units are being diligent with their spending – make sure they “spend it like it’s their own.” Serve as a champion for division projects and initiatives such as capital projects. Ensure all costs are captured in the correct financial reporting period through month-end accrual process. Add value to Spirit Airlines by performing analysis to support divisional decision making and drive cost-efficiencies/savings. Develop and update financial forecasts. Support divisional Vice President in monitoring division’s financial performance and creating yearly budget.
Budget: In coordination with assigned business division, create annual budget plan to model all expenses, staffing models, and capital expenditures. Ensure accurate plan based on divisional inputs and identify/resolve YOY variances. Support division with budget presentation and approval. Communicate budget goals to division to drive YOY improvement.
Financial Forecast: Perform weekly/monthly updates to Spirit Airlines financial forecast. Update forecast for any changes to statistical driver, rate, operational performance, or unbudgeted expense. Support divisional Vice President in weekly forecast updates to the CEO/CFO.
Analysis: Perform analysis on regular and ad-hoc basis to support business decisions and ensure financial implications are fully understood. Work closely with division stakeholders to ensure positive return on investment or operational necessity for divisional projects or capital expenditures. Identify negative trends for corrective action. Create and generate divisional financial reports each month/quarter/year.
On-time Execution: Ensure timely communication and update of financial forecast information. Meet all monthly deadlines including month-end accruals and entries, invoice due dates, account reconciliations, variance reports, divisional financial reports, and contract approval execution dates.
Drive Financial Awareness: Be the financial expert for the division. Drive divisional awareness of financial targets and related performance. Champion cost improvement and related initiatives, instilling a culture of being diligent with spending. Be proactive in communicating results of analysis. Serve as an integral resource to division leaders. Respond promptly and accurately to inquiries from division and FP&A. Educate other Spirit Airlines employees about financial and budget processes. Effectively communicate updates to rest of FP&A.
Invoice Processing: Verify and code all division invoices to correct cost center and account. Route invoices through proper BOD-approved approval hierarchy depending on type of expense. Identify inaccurate or incorrect invoices.
- Operational Knowledge: Possess a broad knowledge and understanding of business and operational processes and practices within assigned division.
- Analysis: Strong analytical skills required. Able to create, modify, and maintain complex models in MS Excel. Possess ability to identify detailed items within large quantities of data.
- Communication: Effectively communicates in an open, candid, respectful and consistent manner. Delivers verbal and written information clearly and concisely in a variety of settings and formats
- Customer Focus - Internal: Dedicated to meeting and exceeding expectations and requirements of internal customers. Obtains first-hand information from division and uses it for improvements.
- Managing Processes: Can design effective processes and models. Knows how to separate and combine tasks into efficient and effective work flows. Is committed to continuous improvement.
- Problem Solving: Uses logic, data, and accurate analysis to solve difficult problems and provide effective solutions. Probes all sources for root causes and potential solutions. Able to anticipate hidden issues/problems and take appropriate action. Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at first answers or solutions.
- Measures and Improves: Uses process and results metrics to identify strengths and weaknesses and acts with extraordinary speed to improve. Creates transparency of performance, insight and action to all stakeholders.
- Analytical: Gathers and uses relevant data to measure effectiveness, identify status, patterns, issues, trends, and root causes. Uses data to develop solutions. Shares data- based insights powerfully and simply to create shared understanding and commitment to action/solution.
- Integrity: Has high level of integrity, confidentiality, ethics and discretion. Is direct and open, builds and sustains relationships with stakeholders.
- Team Builder: Creates a positive work environment with accountability for results.
- Effective coaching and mentoring of team member in area of expertise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business (Finance, Accounting or Management), Aviation Management.
- Minimum 3+ years experience in financial planning & analysis or budget creation/management.
- Working knowledge of the airline industry.
- Frequently stands, walks, sits, and uses hand/eye coordination.
- Independent work ethic, self-starter.
- Ability to work under pressure and make well founded decisions.
- Work irregular hours as needed.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects while meeting inflexible deadlines.
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with SAP Enterprise Resource System and related input/reporting interfaces.
- Master’s Degree /MBA in a related field preferred.
- 5+ years experience in financial planning & analysis preferred.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate. (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs or technical developments.)
Spirit Airlines - 21 months ago
Spirit Airlines (NASDAQ: SAVE) is the ultra-low cost airline of the Americas and Home of the Bare Fare. Spirit’s fares are unbundled;...