This position is responsible for achieving the Annual Business Plan (ABP) for the Draft Channel within the West & South Business Units. This individual will play a key role in developing and executing against the Draft ABP through draft training, education, expansion of the Crown Imports draft portfolio, growing the draft portfolio volume per outlet and measuring against the draft ABP by working closely with the On-Premise Directors, OPDM’s, GM’s, MDM’s, NAM/KAM and On-Premise Teams within the West & South Business Units.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In conjunction with the National Director – Draft and BU Staff: is responsible for developing and executing the annual Draft Beer business plan within the West and South Business Units.
- In conjunction with the National Director – Draft and BU Staff: develops and oversees execution of annual targeted di stribution plans by brand for select DMA’s within the West and South Business Units.
- In conjunction with the National Director – Draft and BU Staff: develops and oversees execution against increased Draft VPO plans by brand for select DMA’s within the West and South Business Units.
- In conjunction with the National Director – Draft and BU Staff: creates draft training tools (Draft Training Guides, Sell Sheets, Sharing Best Practices and Profit Guidelines) that will promote the growth of the Crown Imports draft portfolio.
- Responsible for achieving the sales plan by brand within the West and South Business Units.
- Consistently provides local market intelligence to continuously improve Crown’s approach to the On-Premise trade.
- Works closely with the top DMA Wholesalers in achieving their draft beer sales plans. Maintains strong wholesale and retail relationships within the top On-Premise DMA’s.
- Assist in performing business reviews / sales analysis / opportunity identification with Key DMA wholesalers/field management in order to drive draft beer sales for the West and South Business Units.
- Assists in the development of Crown’s overall annual On-Premise sales plan including, training, merchandising, promotional execution and best practices within the West and South Business Units.
- Communicates regularly with Crown’s field management and wholesaler management in order to achieve Draft goals and objectives.
- Manages, disseminates and delivers insights from Crown’s syndicated or other third party data source.
- In conjunction with local On-Premise and Field sales management plans, presents, and executes against new draft brands or other initiatives in the West and South Business Units.
3. Program Development & Execution
- Assists in developing the draft beer annual business plan goals/objectives that align with Crown Imports annual sales calendar and consistently measures and communicates overall performance against the set market goals.
- Assists in developing and improvement of tracking systems in order to measure ongoing results vs. goals.
- Provides the proper business analysis needed to continue to grow and develop draft beer profitability within the West and South Business Unit.
- Represents and actively engages on behalf of the BU On-Premise department in the following activities: ABP planning/trimester reviews, Retail Vision development and other Crown strategic initiatives.
- Promotes the importance of the “Draft Success Metrics” and utilizes the “Draft Success Metrics” to measure against the draft plan and execution in current and new draft markets.
New Product / Packages / Markets
- Maintains and expands sales of the Crown Draft Portfolio by contributing to the development, selling, and implementation of Crown promotional programs within targeted DMA’s and in strategic National and Regional Accounts. Coordinate these efforts with Crown field sales personnel and National / Regional Accounts to ensure alignment with the Business Unit and National Sales Priorities.
- In conjunction with the National Director – Draft: work closely with Marketing to develop local best in class draft beer POS, promotional and merchandising materials for the West and South Business Unit. From a local perspective the position is the primary point of contact with Local FMD’s.
- Measure the effectiveness of promotional and other volume driving / activation initiatives and suggest new approaches to overcome obstacles and improve the impact of new initiatives on sales results .
Budget & Pricing Management
- Consult, support and identify opportunities for all new product/package and market expansion plans for Crown’s draft beer portfolio within the West and South Business Units.
- Collaborate in the Development of the selling and merchandising strategy for all new product/package roll outs and communicates the strategies to the West and South Business Units.
- Evaluates and analyzes critical success measures in order to maximize the success of each new initiative.
- Take lead role to develop impactful fact based draft presentations for GM’s/MDM’s/On-Premise teams in current and expansion draft markets using information from the brand team.
- Works closely with our Pricing Departments at business unit level in order to optimize our draft profitability and ROI by market ensuring we maximize revenue and profit.
- Manages the use of CTF and marketing budgets to execute against business plans in order to maximize ROI in key DMA’s.
- Reviews evaluate and suggest pricing programs to ensure Crown’s competitiveness in the market in order to drive sales growth.
- Manage Crown’s Tactical Funds (CTF) and T&E expense budgets in a quarterly basis to measure the effectiveness of spend in current market and expansion markets draft plans.
Reports directly to National Director of Draft
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
This position requires:
A Bachelor’s degree is required.
A minimum of 8 years sales experience in the beverage alcohol industry (malt beverage preferred) with a minimum of 2 years experience selling Draft Beer to the On-Premise sales channel.
Proven track record in building good relationships with customers as well as internal associates.
Demonstrated ability to take the initiative and be proactive in identifying customer issues, recommending solutions and managing effectively to ensure resolution.
Recognized as an effective people motivator and coach developing the skills and capabilities of a team that delivers optimal performance from co/workers and distributor sales staff.
Demonstrated sales and marketing budget management skills.
Demonstrated diligence and ability to follow through on all commitments (to internal and external stakeholders).
Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to achieve performance goals with a minimum of direction.
Strong planning skills to manage a growing developing business on behalf of Crown Imports LLC.
Solid analytical and math skills.
Computer literate with the ability to skillfully use software applications including Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
Ability to travel a minimum of 40% of his/her working time, including up to 5hrs. Driving time.
Crown Imports LLC - 13 months ago