The ESI Research Center Manager is part of the Global Corporate Marketing team and is charged with creating relevant and engaging thought leadership content while conducting, analyzing and communicating market research on behalf of ESI.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to collaborating with the market to identify and define needs, trends and topics of interest; creating thought-leading content for use in PR and local marketing campaigns; conducting market research on behalf of ESI to help define ESI’s market position, the behavior of target buyer groups, customer-satisfaction levels, and macro-market trends; and communicating market trends and relevant information to global sales and marketing teams.
Manages the development of thought-leading content
- Continuously review market discussions and trends found on social media, industry reports, trade publications, and industry sites.
- Interview senior-level executives in the field of project management
- Build formal relationships with market SMEs for the capture of industry trends and the creation of thought-leading content.
- Manage market SMEs through the development process to ensure that deliverables are on time and of high-quality.
- Work with Marcom to edit, revise, and publish thought leadership content.
- Capture requests for information from global marketing and sales teams.
- Serve as a source for ESI’s PR effort when required.
- Report the progress of development efforts weekly.
- Communicate market trends, emerging topics of interest, and other key findings to global sales and marketing teams on a regular basis.
- Conduct perennial surveys including ESI’s PMO, Salary, and Top 10 trends surveys
- Publish at least one major thought leadership piece every two months for use in global marketing efforts
Manages ESI’s ongoing market research effort
- Conduct and publish ESI’s annual market research survey to measure awareness, attitudes and usage.
- Conduct and publish ESI’s annual Net Promoter Score survey
- Conduct and publish a quarterly competitive activity review and RFP review for key competitors, globally.
- Present market research findings on a regular basis to global sales and marketing teams
- Proven ability to conduct, analyze, and communicate qualitative and quantitative market research.
- Expertise in managing the publishing business-related content.
- Proven ability to manage and collaborate with multiple subject manager experts in the development of business content.
- Strong editing and writing skills.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with senior business executives.
- Very high business acumen.
- Proactive self-starter that possesses strong leadership vision.
- Proven ability to work effectively with internal senior management and key business stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the proven ability to manage multiple projects and juggle competing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong work ethic that is self-motivated and accountable.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- BA/BS degree and/or relevant work experience
- 5+ years of solid experience in market research and business-related publishing
ESI International - 6 months ago