The Manager, Educational Progams leads the development, execution and strategic direction for SHRM Seminars. In this capacity, the Manager, Educational Programs identifies and coordinates qualified instructors to deliver relevant course content, and uses data and research to drive decisions for seminar topics and locations. They will also serve as an advisor to curriculum development and instructional design.
Key decision maker in all facets of business and seminar public programs and programs conducted at SHRM conferences.
Collaborates with the marketing department on developing and writing promotion copy, identifying opportunities and target audiences and partners with internet operations to develop and maintain the educational program website
Acts as the central liaison for seminar instructors. Negotiates faculty instruction contracts and secures commitments.
Builds competitive SHRM Seminar programs and course curriculum which support the Societys overall mission to promote business literacy and support the human resource profession.
Provide expert advice in all matters involving instructional design and development.
Identify topics and trends for new seminars and updates for current seminar content. Evaluate the effectiveness of existing education seminars and identify the need for new topics based on market research, member surveys, seminar evaluations, and alignment with SHRMs new HR Competencies.
Manages the scheduling and programming of all seminars at the SHRM Annual Conference. Develops and manages the seminar schedule by identifying program dates and locations and assigning instructors to seminars. Collaborates with Meetings/Conferences and Marketing department on coordinating space selection and promotional materials.
Identifies new Executive Education partners and manages existing relationships and programs to provide the highest quality in leadership training to senior professionals.
Oversees enrollment management issues, troubleshoots and resolves customer related issues. Manages and directs all on-site program logistics and activities.
Develops and maintains the annual budget for SHRM Seminars and Executive Education programs. Oversees the financial management of seminars by monitoring budget variances and planning appropriate adjustments.
Manages all vendor relations and negotiate terms
Manage appropriate access and functionality of the virtual training platform. Oversee the virtual training course schedule for both in-house and public seminars. Create virtual learning classrooms using either Adobe, Blackboard, or another delivery platform.
Serves as the manager for the following positions: Education Program Specialist and Specialist, Virtual Training.
BUSINESS TRAVEL REQUIRED
Business Travel required (15%)
For consideration, please apply on-line: www.shrm.jobs
- Six or more years relevant experience in Human Resources, Education, and/or Training
- Experience in project administration, developing project plans and processes.
- Experience utilizing business intelligence to make data driven decisions
- Experience in virtual learning platforms and virtual program delivery
- Strong negotiating, collaboration and team building skills
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, analytical, decision-making, strategic thinking, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, including editing, writing and verbal skills
- Ability to develop and manage budgets
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook) and database applications
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple projects on time
- Ability to innovate and manage risks effectively
- Ability to work in a high-paced environment
- Ability to work positively with partners in coalitions, in teams, and independently
The Society for Human Resource Management is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V).
No Relocation authorized for this position.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE : If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or TDD (703) 548-6990.
- 2 years ago - save job