Lead and manage the employee relations and training & development activities for the company. Provide support, guidance and advice to the organization to create a positive work environment which is focused on continuous improvement.
• Provide employee relations support to the organization:
• Provide direct, day-to-day HR support to the staff at the headquarters location and to the field sales organization (1st point of contact for most HR issues)
• Provide advice, guidance and support to the HR Specialists at the manufacturing locations; provide assistance and trouble-shooting on HR matters to the plant managers
• Develop and implement initiatives and programs across the organization which will create a positive work environment, support the retention and development of the workforce and improve employee engagement
• Coordinate the development and delivery of employee engagement surveys throughout the entire organization; facilitate the development and execution of action plans to drive improvement
• Develop and maintain Human Resource policies and Employee Handbooks to ensure legal and regulatory compliance as well as appropriateness to the organization’s direction and strategy
• Administer the service awards program and other recognition programs for the organization
• Provide training and development support to the organization:
• Facilitate and coordinate the overall sales development & training initiative
• Develop, coordinate and/or deliver supervisory and management development programs targeted for the headquarters staff or the leadership teams at the plants
• Provide advice, guidance and support for the training initiatives for the hourly certification process (packers, operators, etc.)
• Develop, coordinate and maintain the performance management system for the organization; adapt the processes and tools as necessary to meet each functional area’s needs
• Develop career paths and related development activities for the functional areas within the organization; provide support to the organization in the implementation of these initiatives
• Support the identification of training or development initiatives for individuals in the organization as appropriate
• Deliver or coordinate the delivery of training/development programs as needed (new manager assimilation, interview skills training, DiSC, etc.)
• Coordinate the Talent Review process within the US operations
• Perform other related duties as required.
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Exceptional customer service skills: Must have demonstrated appropriate customer service attitudes and services in a variety of human resource settings.
• Teamwork/Collaboration: Must possess demonstrated skills and abilities in collaborative efforts with experience in team/project oriented activities.
• Flexibility: Must have demonstrated the ability to adapt to a variety of human resource issues with successful outcomes and must demonstrate openness to new ideas and approaches.
• Interpersonal Skills: Must possess the ability to relate well to people at all levels of the organization and work in cooperation with others to effectively coordinate activities in order to accomplish tasks.
• PC/Technology Skills: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Judgment: Must have demonstrated ability to act independently upon information and make decisions that achieve optimal results.
• Organization: Must organize/prioritize work, manage multiple tasks & projects and function effectively as a member of a small team.
• Platform Skills: Must have strong presentation skills and be able to convey confidence and communicate effectively in group situations
• Spanish language skills would be a plus
Required Experience and Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• 10 yrs + experience in human resources with majority of experience in employee relations and training/development
• Experience supporting a multi-site manufacturing environment a plus
• Experience delivering training programs to a diverse population