Ryerson Inc. is hiring a Manager of Employee Relations with a proven Generalist background and thorough regulatory compliance experience to join our Human Resources team at our headquarters in Chicago.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
• Fulfill Generalist duties for Corporate support staff
• Counsel and provide training to operations management and field human resources personnel in all areas of employee relations, including but not limited to FMLA, ADA, federal and state discrimination law compliance, workers compensation, performance management/appraisals/improvement plans, discipline and all company policies and procedures;
• Identify possible areas of regulatory exposure, work collaboratively with field HR to mitigate risk and remedy problem areas.
• Investigate and respond to internal and external complaints, charges, and audit requests (My Safe Workplace, EEOC, OFCCP, state agencies, NLRB, etc.) represent and defend the Company’s position and interests. Engage internal and external legal support as appropriate.
• Develop/prepare Affirmative Action Plans for covered locations;
• Develop and disseminate company policy and procedure;
• Prepare and submit corporate reporting requirements (i.e., EEO 1's, Vets 100's);
• Collaboratively “preview” employment actions to ensure Company and outside regulatory compliance, identify and mitigate possible areas of exposure and risk;
• Project work as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Psychology, or a related discipline in which business knowledge and an understanding of human resource and general business practices are gained;
• Graduate degree in human resources or industrial relations is preferred;
• Multi-site experience; experience supporting International entities preferred, but not required.
• Strong written and verbal communication, coaching, listening, and interpersonal skills with the ability to build collaborative & trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results, at all levels within the organization.
• Minimum 5-6 years of progressive human resources responsibility (i.e., handling varied facets of human resources – employee relations, compliance, performance management, etc.) exhibiting career progression;
• Equal employment/affirmative action compliance experience
• Proven knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
• Must be willing to travel (+10%)
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite
• Experience with an enterprise HRIS required; ADP preferred
• Must be independently capable of identifying the appropriate sources for the correct answers to problems.
• Must have a positive attitude, be results-oriented, and be fully engaged in the mission.
• Must display courage under difficult circumstances.
• Must be creative, with an ability to come up with alternative solutions vs “business as usual.”
Ryerson - 2 years ago
Ryerson is an international, diversified company that processes and distributes metals. The company serves industries including aerospace,...