ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead Generation Activities: Working in close conjunction with Marcoms in Menlo Park to implement European Tactical Plan. Expected to use own creativity & initiative to find new ways of expanding number of leads into the sales funnel. Will include extensive searches on relevant scientific resources. Then follow a process of qualification of potential leads by direct customer engagement via phone. Provide list of qualified leads to the Sales Organisation
• Undertake a proactive function in searching for relevant tenders in the European marketplace. This would be a combination of searchers across relevant databases/sources as well as through direct contact with scientific community. From this, make contact with relevant external parties to establish viability and determine next steps
• Working in close collaboration with local team: monitor sales trends, maintain Europe market intelligence. Where appropriate feedback to US marketing team
• Be central point of contact for existing European customers: Proactive engagement with customers (by phone) to communicate key information on new products, upgrades, coordinate key collaborative efforts. All currently being performed by a travelling field team
• Organise, manage and implement all aspects of European Events: User Meetings, Attendance at Conferences. Working in close collaboration with local team and where required, 3rd parties
• Expansion into new markets in Europe will require extending our utilisation of external organisation such as sales agents or distributors. This role will be the key interface for managing these relationships drawing in local support and resource as and when required to assist
• As an additional function, coordinate European Field Service Activities: This involves working in close contact with the service engineers to optimize the local resource to ensure best case instrument uptime & customer service. In the future this may also involve the management of local spare parts (storage and expedition)
DESIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• A minimum BSc degree, preferably in a biological field.
• A minimum of 3 years proven experience in a related in-house customer communication role with a relevant commercial organisation
• Location is home based in the South East UK Area (Herts, Cambs, Essex, London, Kent, Sussex)
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, comfortable with engaging customers and with an internal team across Europe and the United States
• Proven ability to work remotely/independently, be highly motivated and be able to solve problems as commensurate with a growing organisation
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Working knowledge of all MS Office applications and ability to take on board CRM and ERP requirements
• Valid and Clean Full UK driver’s licence.
• Requirement to travel to events and team meetings both within and outside of the UK where appropriate
Pacific Biosciences - 14 months ago
Pacific Biosciences’ mission is to transform the way humankind acquires, processes and interprets data from living systems through the...