Responsible for planning, pitching, scheduling and implementation of an executive visibility program working with senior leaders of Cox Communications to develop a variety of speeches, presentations and other written materials, including key note addresses, video scripts, written communications to external stakeholders, and panel remarks. Accountable for the logistical needs for Cox's participation in industry events, dinners, etc., as well as the management of the production of needed electronic materials such as videos and/or printed collateral. Responsible for utilizing official company messaging through the executive visibility program. Job requires personal initiative, creativity and flexibility. Programs and tactics executed should effectively position Cox to internal and external audiences, such as company leaders and employees, industry leaders, the media, analysts and consumers as the best choice for communication services. Ideal candidate must be able to identify appropriate speaking engagements based on business objectives and company values and pitch Cox senior leaders for placement on speaking agenda as well as be able to evaluate a speaking engagement invitation and determine the appropriateness and the correct senior leader to participate, and manage all aspects of successful implementation.
This position reports to the Director, Public Affairs (Public Policy) and as part of the PA department, this position will be utilized as a resource for engagement on crisis response.
Executive Visibility & Support
1. Develop, manage and execute Executive Visibility program that positions Cox senior leaders as experts in the market and industry.
2. Proactively seek, evaluate and select top tier speaking engagements, pitching/placing senior executives, scheduling and coordinating the speaking engagement with/for the senior leader.
3. Evaluating speaking engagement invitations and determine the appropriateness and the correct senior leader to participate, and manage all aspects of successful implementation.
4. Develop communications for internal and external speaking engagements - meeting presentations, keynote speeches, multi-media, scripts, key messages, panel remarks, talking points and executive perspectives.
5. Creating and coordinating awards submissions and on-the-ground logistics at events where Cox (company and individuals) is receiving an award - in some cases working with H.R. on these nominations.
6. Partner with external communications when speaking engagements include a media relations opportunity or component.
7. Partner with internal communications on company strategy cascade meetings and other pertinent internal speaking engagements.
8. Liaise with appropriate senior leaders and/or their teams, as needed to inform/provide perspective to senior leader communications efforts.
9. Support communications needs of functional leaders as needed.
10. Populate and manage overall communications/events calendar for external and internal speaking engagements.
11. Coordinate and guide executive speaker training/presentation training as needed.
12. Manage all officer bios and headshots and placement on Cox.com.
13. Manage "Speaker's Toolkit" on the company's intranet.
14. Serve on the PA crisis communications team.
15. Working with crisis team leader, develop crisis related remarks for senior executives.
1. 8+ years of experience in executive communication with an emphasis on speech writing and placement; 6+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
2. A proven track record in executive communications.
3. Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
4. Excellent strategic business sensibility, a demonstrable grasp of corporate business principles, dynamics and realities, passion for and broad experience in public relations and related fields, strong writing and research skills and ability to interact with senior management.
5. Must have the ability to develop relationships at all levels of an organization and across functions.
6. Requires excellent written and verbal communications skills, creativity, personal initiative, and the ability to effectively champion programs and strategies.
7. Fluency in multi-media ¿ video production, digital communications.
8. The ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
9. Must be a self-starter and possess project management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and exercise discretion.
1. BS/BA degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English or related discipline strongly preferred.
2. Background in public policy or corporate communications.
3. Experience in a corporate environment preferred, as well as experience in cable TV, telecommunications and technology.
4. Ideal candidate will have experience in managing initiatives that produced strong, measurable results.
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Cox Communications - 2 years ago
Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and commercial...