Calix is the largest communications equipment supplier focused solely on access and is a leading global provider of broadband communications access systems and software. The Calix Unified Access portfolio allows service providers to connect to their residential and business subscribers and deploy virtually any service over fiber- and copper-based network architectures. With more than 900 customers – whose networks serve over 50 million subscriber lines in total – Calix is at the forefront of enabling the innovative ways that communications service providers deliver advanced broadband services and value to their customers. www.calix.com NYSE: CALX
The Facilities Manager is a service-oriented individual that has outstanding attention to detail, has good communication and multi-tasking skills and can work well with internal customers and external vendors. This candidate will have responsibility for the day-to-day support services required to ensure the business has the most suitable working environment for our employees and activities, identify appropriate vendors to keep the buildings operating at peak efficiency in the areas of facility operations, coordinate access control systems, safety programs, ergonomic programs, etc. They will direct the maintenance and repair of the buildings and equipment including HVAC, general maintenance and renovation and manage the Facilities and Office Services teams at multiple locations.
- Project Management; identify, supervise and coordinate work of architects, engineers, contractors and vendors for various improvement or repair projects, including construction, furniture, and all supporting systems for domestic and international locations
- Assist in planning best allocation and utilization of space and resources, re-organizing current premises or new facilities;
- Prepare documents for maintenance and vendor selections, calculating and comparing costs for required goods and/or services to achieve maximum value
- Assist in coordination of projects with property management teams as required at various properties;
- Assist in development and upkeep of safety programs and required documentation to meet building health and safety requirements
- Assist in development of policies and procedures that affect the use of supplies and facilities
- Inspects that agreed work by contractors, vendors or team members has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies;
- Create monitoring systems or programs to help manage maintenance and oversee the scheduling, maintenance and monitoring of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, electrical and other systems to ensure efficient operation. Inspect facility and generate reports as required.
- Coordinate and lead one or more team members to cover various areas of responsibility using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement;
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise.
- Coordinate with IT department and various other groups as required
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work on own initiative with a proactive and flexible attitude
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5-7 years experience in Facilities Management in a corporate environment.
- Project management and project reporting skills required.
- Must be able to read construction documentation, understand operation of HVAC Systems; electrical equipment; plumbing; security systems, etc.
- Demonstrable experience in handling multiple concurrent facility-related tasks and requests, and the ability to quickly resolve problems
- Ability to work effectively in an organizational structure, partnering with internal departments as well as outside vendors to accomplish required facility services.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally
- Managed a team of individuals
- CAD drawing a plus
Calix - 22 months ago
Calix is a leading global provider of broadband communications access systems and software. The Calix Unified Access portfolio allows...