Do you like working on a winning team?
Summary Description: The Finance Design Manager assists in ensuring that the underlying financial architecture supports both emerging segments and current entities and consolidations with integrity for both internal and external reporting. Establishes and monitors controls for the safeguarding of company assets as strategic projects are evaluated and executed. Provides oversight for financial components of strategic projects and identified on the Timeline for Change. May Supervise professional staff in both direct and indirect reporting relationships.
- Identifies problems and recommends solutions in daily work and for assigned programs/project to improve services.
- Executes objectives as outlined in Timeline for Change project portfolio.
- Executes appropriate improvements relating to operational procedures and policies, as directed.
- Researches and makes recommendations regarding appropriate GAAP treatment, along with participating in the transition to IFRS (if applicable).
- Keeps management informed of the project team’s performance and provides advice on all financial matters, as directed.
- Implements a sound operational and organizational plan in direct support of strategic projects, as directed.
- Monitors performance of direct reports. Provides prompt and objective coaching and counseling. Reviews direct reports and approves performance appraisals initiated by direct reports.
- Provides analysis, reports and support to senior executives relating to financial architecture, as directed.
- Helps to create and document process and procedures for Finance functions.
- Prepares reports, as assigned by the Steering Committee, (ROI Analysis, Financial Models, and Ad Hoc Reports), as directed.
- Works closely with new business segment leadership to ensure understanding and alignment of the strategic objectives in the financial design documents.
- Helps coordinating weekly Project Team meeting agenda.
- Responsible for Strategic Finance Project Performance (as defined in work breakdown structures).
- Develops and reports on key performance indicators.
- Provides other company units with related information required by them to carry out their assigned responsibilities.
- Manages to ensure optimum performance of the Financial Project team function. Recommends and implements techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, cut costs, take advantage of opportunities and maintain state-of-the-art practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- 7 years experience preferably in restaurant industry
- Demonstrated basic/intermediate-level ability to communicate, influence and negotiate decisions while motivating assigned staff
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated working knowledge of employment laws relating to employee relations and personnel administration
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in JD Edwards preferred
- Intermediate professional or theoretical knowledge and functional concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization in the execution of assigned duties and responsibilities
- Basic understanding of budgetary concepts and procedures
- Intermediate ability to delegates projects and get work done through others
- Intermediate understanding of performance review process
- Ability to prepare and present ideas and recommendations to colleagues, manager and direct reports with sufficient notice and preparation
Over six decades ago, an adventurous and determined entrepreneur named Harmon Dobson had a bold idea: to serve a burger so big that it took...