Demand Media is actively recruiting for a Manager to work with our Finance team. This position is located in Santa Monica, CA. This position will play a key role in our Finance team and be responsible for line of business reporting, budgeting/forecasting and ad hoc requests.
- Partner with Senior Executives to drive business strategy and operational goals by developing and implementing financial planning metrics and forecasting tools.
- This position will interact with all areas of the organization including finance, accounting, business general managers and senior management to establish analytical frameworks and optimize business decisions.
- Monitor and forecast revenue and operating contribution performance of Content & Media business line, including preparation of weekly rolling forecasts and variance analyses
- Present analyses to the CFO and other members of senior management
- Lead special projects to improve analytical tools and business processes
- Degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent; MBA preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years of FP&A, Operational Finance or Corporate Finance work experience
- Demonstrated analytical and financial modeling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and work well independently
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
- Planning and organizing skills (specifically data and reference files)
- Experience with Essbase, Hyperion Planning, Oracle a plus
- Specific experience with a high-profile Internet Media, Network or eCommerce company is preferred
Demand Media - 16 months ago
Demand MediaTM is a leading online producer, publisher and syndicator of professional content and social media solutions. Utilizing its own...