This position will play a lead role in financial processes such as ROI analysis, performance reporting and decision support. This position will work directly with multiple retail concepts within Bed Bath and Beyond Inc., including Christmas Tree Shops and buybuyBaby and departments such as Store Operations, Loss Prevention and Marketing.
This manager will participate in the following key processes: sales and margin management, marketing analysis and advertising expense management, shrink and damage control, various profit improvement initiatives and other special projects.
• Preparation of key financial targets/metrics, which are used by the business owners/department heads.
• Preparation of operational plans and forecasts, which are used by the business owners/department heads.
• Preparation and maintenance of project plans and status reports associated w/ key deliverables.
• Preparation and distribution of performance reports.
This includes reports that are standardized and produced at regular time intervals, but also includes custom reports that are required to further assess performance variances and/or improvement opportunities.
This role will require keen analytical skills, including the ability to identify key trends that impact business performance and forecasts. It will also require strong communication skills in order to ensure that performance variances are called out and addressed by the business owners/department heads.
This position will also manage various special projects where participation from the Finance Department is required. Projects will vary, and examples include:
• Manage the analysis to quantify the ROI of various initiatives.
• Participation in contract negotiation efforts with 3rd party service providers.
• Manage and support various profit improvement initiatives.
• Preparation of ad-hoc reports. These reports will range from relatively simple reports, to more complex efforts that require multiple databases.
This position will have substantial interaction with multiple other departments. Examples will include:
• Participation in regularly scheduled performance meetings with key business owners/department heads. This position will eventually be expected to take a lead role in these meetings.
• Participation, as a team member, in cross-concept operational improvement projects.
The envisioned key challenges are the following:
• Identifying and reporting on performance trends and issues where creative thinking is required in order to further identify and report on key root causes.
• Interaction with business owners/department heads will require appropriate communication and resolution skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work independently, including strong organizational skills and a commitment to achieve project deadlines.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting (or equivalent work experience.)
• A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience, with a track record of significant achievement. (Essential)
• In depth knowledge of retail and/or operating concepts. (Desired)
• Experience in profit improvement projects, either by working on internal teams, or as a consultant. (Desired)
• Experience leading teams, managing staff, or managing projects. (Desired)
• Advanced knowledge of Excel (Essential)
• Knowledge of MS Access (Desired)
• Strong communication skills, ability to work within a team. (Essential)
• Strong work ethic (Essential)
Bed Bath & Beyond - 10 months ago
Bed Bath & Beyond (BBB) has everything you need to play "house" for real. It's the nation's #1 superstore domestics...