Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Atlanta, GA Located in Buckhead of Atlanta, Georgia,
Reports directly to the Senior, Vice President for the Mobile Marketing Business Unit within Velti.
The Manager of FP&A role owns management and execution of Monthly Financial Reporting and Analysis, Development and Implementation of new and /or standardized global driver based forecasting tool, Quarterly Portfolio Review and Analysis, Annual Planning process and is a key member of the Global FP&A team.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Manage the tactical development, enhancement, and own in an accurate and timely manner the monthly and/or quarterly variance analysis of revenue and margin, in addition to P&L and Cash Flow.
- Develop sales based forecasting tool working with individuals or any other relevant groups to automate aspects of the monthly forecast.
- Partner and where appropriate lead initiatives intended to improve understanding and decision making by Senior Management. These initiatives include but are not limited to operational and cost analysis.
- Partner with the global finance team through the ongoing use of a standardized and simplified global operating cost reporting and analysis package and process.
- Manage various ad-hoc projects intended to improve productivity, cost, and profitability.
- Support the SVP in the delivery of management reporting, forecasts, business plans, and variance analyses.
- Conducts financial analysis against business plan and determines emerging financial trends for the Mobile Marketing Business Unit.
- Prepares forecasts, budgets and long-range plans for revenue and marketing/sales operating expense and capital
- Calculates the impact of Marketing and Sales initiatives to ensure alignment with financial and market share goals
- Develops and enhances financial models used to prepare forecasts, budgets and long range plans
- Partners with managers and analysts in other departments for assumptions in financial models
- Presents financial analysis and performance results to business unit leadership; may provide feedback and propose options to leadership on performance towards meeting financial goals
- Provides recommendations, helps implement changes and analyzes and reviews submitted data to resolve questions and/or problems
- Ability to utilize Excel at the expert level
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to communicate effectively cross functionally
- Ability to proactively communicate with various groups
- Ability to manage globally – individuals situated in various offices across the region
- Business acumen – ability to understand the business issues, what is going well and where are the challenges, understand the economics of the business (ie, potential profit margin of a contract)
- Ability to write executive level summaries on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Ability to provide accurate business reporting of revenue, cost, P&L, metrics, etc.
- MBA from reputable university with a minimum of 2-3 years relevant corporate financial planning and analysis experience.
- Expert in Excel
- Experience with salesforce.com
- Experience using financial enterprise systems reporting tools
- Experience using proprietary operating reporting systems
- Advanced financial modeling skills